DSATX Motherboard Power Switch Polarity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSATX Motherboard Power Switch Polarity

Some have you have found that using the DSATX Power Switch cable doesn't work with some computers that have positive logic power switches. Basically you connect up the jumper in either polarity and it still doesn't work.

I came up with a cable to fix this. I am going to sell them as kits because they take a bit of time to build.

Instructions are posted here:

http://www.mpegbox.net/fourms/viewtopic.php?t=24
    MPEGBOX - Plexiglass Computer
    www.mpegbox.com

Please let me know when you have the kits available and how much they'll be. I'll most likely need one. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Norrin302
      Please let me know when you have the kits available and how much they'll be. I'll most likely need one. Thanks.
      I have the kits ready. They cost 15 dollars for a prebuilt cable (cause I'm doing them myself.)
      And 5 dollars shipped for the kit. You do the soldering, you'll need a iron, wire strippers, heat gun, solder, etc..

send me an email if your interested.

-Jeff
      www.mpegbox.com

Comment

Well, I officially can't get my motherboard to switch on with the DSATX. I have the epia M10000, do I need one of your kits to get this thing turned on? Please let me know.

The LED light and fan is not even coming on. No indication that power is getting to my motherboard, very weird considering I just had the M1-ATX working fine in my car. Anyone know what the issue could be. I have checked polarity and tried reconfiguring like 10 times. I am going crazy.
        This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by zenpoppa
          Well, I officially can't get my motherboard to switch on with the DSATX. I have the epia M10000, do I need one of your kits to get this thing turned on? Please let me know.

The LED light and fan is not even coming on. No indication that power is getting to my motherboard, very weird considering I just had the M1-ATX working fine in my car. Anyone know what the issue could be. I have checked polarity and tried reconfiguring like 10 times. I am going crazy.
          Is the LED on the DSATX coming on?
          www.mpegbox.com

Comment

Nope, nothing at all. I haven't seen the LED come on once since I hooked it up.

I have 8 guage wire coming directly from my battery, for each (+) & (-) and I have the ACC going to my stereo 12V ignition.

Do you think I was sent a fried DSATX?

Comment

Or, is it time to just go to the M2-ATX? As you can tell I get very impatient with things that don't work.

Comment

Everything I have read... specs and feedback points to the DSATX being a superior solution to the M2-ATX.

Looks like you waited an hour and a half between posts. Do not get hasty.
                TruckinMP3
                D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Can you give me the serial number on the back of the DSATX?

So the LED on the DSATX is not turning on either? Do you have access to a serial port brainstem?

If it turns out there is a problem with your DSATX you can send it back to me and I will fix or replace it free of charge. Just stick it in the mail.

-Jeff
                  www.mpegbox.com

Comment

serial: D571306

I don't have a serial port brainstem handy, do you think the M10000 mobo's need 'em?

I am checking everything, the fuse appears fine but I am about to go get another one just to double check.

I appreciate your integrity about the product. I will let you know what happends in an hour or two after I do some trial and error work.

Comment

zenpoppa: check everything with a DMM
                      95 Mazda Protege LX
                      Worklog
                      Overall [Project Dead] 0%

2003 Nissan Altima
                      [XXXXXXXX--] 80% Planning
                      [XX--------] 20% FABRICATION/INSTALLATION

Worklog

Comment

serial: D571306
                        Your DSATX doesn't have a firmware problem. Other users have had success with the M10000 and the DSATX.

http://www.epiacenter.com/downloads/...EPIA-M_v14.pdf

Your using pins 6 and 8 of the front panel connector?

If you measure the input of your power supply, you measure +12 volts on Vin and On ACC on the DSATX. When P2 is turned counter clockwise so that the low voltage cutout is at the lowest setting?
                        www.mpegbox.com

Comment

Alright, it is purring now. Some how I was shipped a bunk fuse. Right after I changed the fuse, everything started quickly.

Thanks guys for your help. I am glad this turned out to be a happy ending.

By the way, I have been driving around all morning and afternoon enjoying the DSATX. Truly a great PSU.

Thanks, ZootJeff.

Comment

Jeff, would this fix also work for the m1-atx, because it has the same problem as the dsatx with some boards, like the commell one's
                            Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

Originally posted by _dopehead_
                              Jeff, would this fix also work for the m1-atx, because it has the same problem as the dsatx with some boards, like the commell one's
                              I don't know, I only designed the DSATX. Do you know if it is an open collector output? I bet it would work, but thats a guess.
                              www.mpegbox.com

Comment

Working...
                              X