X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modifying car psu to get 12V

Hello mates!

As this is my first post on this forum, i wanna to introduce myself a bit:
    My name is Stefan, i'm living in Germany in a small town near Munich (Oktoberfest, you know ). I'm still a student, driving a 60hp Renault Clio

So now the question:

I'm searching for a good method to get stable and "high-current" 12V in my car (sick of using 10 7812 ). So I remembered my old car psu for my notebook, which delivers up tp 6A on voltages between 15 and 24. As this psu is a switching psu, I wondered if it could be manipulated on giving just 12V.

The problem is, I dont know much about switching psu's, but someone on this forum does, perhaps!

Today I opened the psu#s case in order to do some tests on it. The results aren't that good. Everytime the U_in is higher that U_out, U_in will be available at the output and cannot be regulated anymore.

The PMW ic is a "UC3843A", perhaps this helps a bit. psu is a "Vanson SDR-120W"...

So please gimme some advice, I need it really

cheers Stefan

Just adjust or change Resistor for feedback datasheet for 3843. But that supply is boost converter. You need buck-boost or flyback converter.
    Bobblick solution, it use same chip
    - Will work for Bandwith -

Comment

Hi.

I searched for bobblick's solution, and I found this plan. Now I'm just wondering what the capacity of some caps might be, the ones titled with .1, .001, .022. Are these F, nF or even F ?

The next question is, what kind of transistors is he using (I don't mean the FETs, but the "normal" ones)?

greeetings

Comment

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ht=chips+dsatx
        PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by Phreak Show
          Hi.

I searched for bobblick's solution, and I found this plan. Now I'm just wondering what the capacity of some caps might be, the ones titled with .1, .001, .022. Are these F, nF or even F ?

The next question is, what kind of transistors is he using (I don't mean the FETs, but the "normal" ones)?

greeetings
          For Capacitors F, for Transistor bc547 (http://dion.swamp.dk/carpower.html)
          - Will work for Bandwith -

Comment

Working...
          X