components?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• components?

Do yall know of a good place online to order all the sproggy psu components??

Yeah, I do... There is a small search button at the top of the page.. He knows where to get the parts too...
    2 week temp ban (spam and complaining about deleted posts)
    register another account and you're gone for good.

Comment

www.mastero.tk

Comment

Originally posted by THEMP3KID
        Yeah, I do... There is a small search button at the top of the page.. He knows where to get the parts too...
        hey, dont tell him directly where to find them, be the idiot you are..

masteros kit :

PARTS NOT INCLUDED
        MAX787CCK
        MAX788CCK
        LM2587-12T
        T6 transformer
        47uH Inductor
        10uH inductor

the lm2587 could be found at farnell i guess, the others at www.rencousa.com

the t6 can be replaced by part # RL 5533 but you have to modify it :
        Originally posted by mp3z24

it is actually quite simple. im mad i didnt realize the problem initally, as it would have saved me quite a lot of aggravation.
        if i can get pictures of it i will post them, but, for now i will describe it.
        the pins on the renco transformer (from the bottom) look something like this
        ) (1) (2) (3) (4)
        (8) (7) (6) (5)
        the first ) is the groove cut in the bottom to identify pin 1.
        the renco transformer and the coilcraft transformer have the same operating values (i think) but the outputs of pins 7 and 8 are switched between models. this means that you need to switch the connections when you attach it. now, what i did was:
        trim the legs from pins 7 and 8. this will leave the soldered connections sticking out of the side untouched. i then used 2 pieces of wire a little longer than 1 inch, i stripped both ends of each wire, so there was about 1/4 inch of insulation left in the middle of each wire. i wraped one bare end of one wire onto the soldered connection for pin 7, twisted it securely and soldered it to the transformer connection. i did the same with the second wire and attached it to pin 8. then twisted and tinned the open ends of the wires so they would each fit through the pcb without fraying. i crossed the wires so that pin 8 connected to the solder pad that was previously used for pin 7, and did the same with the wire from pin 7 to the pad for pin 8. after i put the wires through the holes, i lined up the normal legs of the transformer into their normal holes and soldered the connections securely, making sure that the new jumper wires do not get shorted out in any way. then after trimming the ends from the wire on the back of the pcb. done!!
        like i said, i will try to get some pictures of the modification.
        ~mike
        -
        My cars
        -

Comment

Thanks for putting that up - but don't yell at MP3kid... Asking for sproggy parts is a newbie question, and has been answered 3 times in the past month. Newbies need to at least -try- to search for answers.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyLittle
            Thanks for putting that up - but don't yell at MP3kid... Asking for sproggy parts is a newbie question, and has been answered 3 times in the past month. Newbies need to at least -try- to search for answers.
            yeah, and since they are noobs they might aswell be given detailed instructions or athleast an url, but they could be told to use the "hard" way...

i get ur point but i think that there is too many go find urself posts
            -
            My cars
            -

Comment

too many go find it posts
              agreed.

Comment

to those that replied with info, thank you very much. and mastero, thank you very much. (already placed the order)

sorry for being such a newb parts shopper
                next time ill run to the mall and take tips from the housewives.

i placed orders to get the samples MAX787CCK, MAX788CCK, and LM2587-12T last week. do they actually send the samples in any decent amount of time? or am i better of just purchasing them somewhere?

Comment

samples usually show up pretty quick from maxim and national

i got mine in a couple of days, maybe a week at the latest.

if you are looking for a T6 check out renco, part number rl-5533 (double check the #)

if you are looking for the inductors, i got mine from delevan, part numbers dc630-10k and dc780-47k (double check those as well)

masteros kit is fantastic. i put mine together in about 2 hours. works like a charm...

enjoy
                  ~mike
                  Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
                  PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
                  2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

Comment

Originally posted by mp3z24

masteros kit is fantastic. i put mine together in about 2 hours. works like a charm...
                    enjoy
                    ~mike
                    yes, it does loove the small plastic bags with everything marked up
                    -
                    My cars
                    -

Comment

Working...
                    X