Computer in the car.. lil help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer in the car.. lil help

Okay, new to forum, so hows everyone doin. Getting ot the point. Im hooking up a home PC into my car, im mounting hte PC in the trunk, have a dashboard LCD monitor with color stream ports. Now all im looking for is the powersupply converter. Need some info on something that will hook up to the power supply of the computer and wont be sucking too much power. Does anyone have any good suggestions? Any ideas / help would be highly appriciated, thank you.

you can either use an ac-dc inverter. you can find them at any wallmart etc. or you can do what most of us do. and that is to buy a dc-dc power supply that has a built in startup shutdown converter. you can find them in the mp3car store. your looking for either the opus or the m2.
    MII12000 | 512MB PC3200 | 60GB 2.5" Samsung
    M2-ATX 160W PS | SlotLoad DVD/CDRW | BU353 GPS
    7" Lilliput 619 | WinTV | WIFI | Bluetooth
    Audigy2 ZS | HQCT | Kyocera KR1 Mobile Router(3G)
    Roadrunner | LSXvoid | IGuidance 3

My Worklog

Comment

Originally posted by yrean
      you can either use an ac-dc inverter. you can find them at any wallmart etc. or you can do what most of us do. and that is to buy a dc-dc power supply that has a built in startup shutdown converter. you can find them in the mp3car store. your looking for either the opus or the m2.
      In my opinion, DSATX outshines the Opus & M2ATX by a longshot....

But you're basically right.

Also, read this: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68636
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
        In my opinion, DSATX outshines the Opus & M2ATX by a longshot....
        I second that. Especially if you have a power hungry home PC. M2 and Opus basically put out the same amount of amps compared to each other but DSATX has more. My DSATX workes where my M2 failed - Never tried Opus though. When comparing however you should keep in mind that you will pay almost twice as much for DSATX.
        Compaq Evo D510 e-PC - P4 2.0 - 512M RAM - 120G 3.5 HD - 7" Xenarc 700TSV - DSATX fitted nicely inside the PC case

Comment

Thanks a lot guys, most appriciated.

Comment

Working...
          X