DSATX upgrade from M1-ATX???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSATX upgrade from M1-ATX???

Is the USB Shutdown already programmed into the PSU by default or is it something I have to configure/set myself?
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.

Originally posted by zenpoppa
    Is the USB Shutdown already programmed into the PSU by default or is it something I have to configure/set myself?

The built in shutdown controller is enabled by default. There are two little pots you use to select between 0-20 minutes shutdown, and the low voltage setting. It defaults to 10 minutes and 11 volts low voltage cutout.

The USB/serial port adapter is optional.
    MPEGBOX - Plexiglass Computer
    www.mpegbox.com

Comment

Not to be a pain, but do you mean the actual unit will be programmed by default to shut down the whole computer and USB components or just the computer and the USB components is something seperate that I would have to program?

Comment

Originally posted by zenpoppa
        Not to be a pain, but do you mean the actual unit will be programmed by default to shut down the whole computer and USB components or just the computer and the USB components is something seperate that I would have to program?

It by default cuts power to everything including the USB components. If you want the USB components to suck power while everything else is off, then you need to set that setting yourself.

USB components get their power from the +5VSB on all ATX power supplies. That way they get power when the computer is off. The DSATX will turn this rail OFF in sleep mode after ACC goes low, thus not killing your battery.
        MPEGBOX - Plexiglass Computer
        www.mpegbox.com

Comment

Awesome, thanx for the patience and good information.

Comment

Working...
          X