Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dsatx power on problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dsatx power on problem

    hey i have adsatx. i am having a slight problem with the startup on the computer for some reason. most of the time when i turn my car on the dsatx turns the computer on with no problem. the weird thing is that when i turn on my car and i look at my computer starting i see my cpu fan start to spin and then stop for a second and then start again and work normal. sometimes tho i see my cpu fan spin for a second and stop and then not start again and the computer does not boot. im thinking its the signal that the dsatx is sending to power on the motherboard is confusing the computer into turning on then off then on again. im pretty confused about this can someone please help me out.thanks danny

    here is the video
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...74990483326833

  • #2
    Originally posted by killa996
    hey i have adsatx. i am having a slight problem with the startup on the computer for some reason. most of the time when i turn my car on the dsatx turns the computer on with no problem. the weird thing is that when i turn on my car and i look at my computer starting i see my cpu fan start to spin and then stop for a second and then start again and work normal. sometimes tho i see my cpu fan spin for a second and stop and then not start again and the computer does not boot. im thinking its the signal that the dsatx is sending to power on the motherboard is confusing the computer into turning on then off then on again. im pretty confused about this can someone please help me out.thanks danny

    What settings do you have in your BIOS for Power Fail?

    Are you connecting VIN to an always on 12 volts? If you were connecting it to a switched 12 volts, that might cause this problem..
    MPEGBOX - Plexiglass Computer
    www.mpegbox.com

    Comment


    • #3
      i connected the vin to the 12v wire that goes to my cd player. i dont know about my bios maybe i should check it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by killa996
        i connected the vin to the wire 12v wire that goes to my cd player. i dont know about my bios maybe i should check it.
        Your CD player has two wires, a red and a yellow.

        The Red is switched and should go to ACC, the Yellow is constant and goes to the battery. Have you followed the install guide with the right gauge of wire?

        You are going to have problems if you dont wire Vin directly to the battery. Unless your system is really tiny.

        -Jeff
        MPEGBOX - Plexiglass Computer
        www.mpegbox.com

        Comment


        • #5
          yea the red wire goes to acc. and i ran a power 12guage wire from my battery to my dsatx.

          Comment


          • #6
            why does my computer turn on then off then on again when i start up my car? is it the signal that my dsatx send to the motherboard?
            it seems like the pulse is to quick or something or a double pulse or something.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by killa996
              why does my computer turn on then off then on again when i start up my car? is it the signal that my dsatx send to the motherboard?
              it seems like the pulse is to quick or something or a double pulse or something.

              Unplug the 24 inch 2 pin cable. See if it still happens. Use a regular switch to turn on the computer.

              If the polarity is backwards, it will do that, if your motherboards polarity is incompatable it will do that and I have a cable that will fix it.


              Jeff
              MPEGBOX - Plexiglass Computer
              www.mpegbox.com

              Comment


              • #8
                My DSATX does the same think. When it starts the computer I see the fans going and then almost immediately the fan speed drops to almost as if it is going to stop and then it speeds back up and PC starts normally. Mine always does that. It did it when I had the pc on the test bench using a modded ATX power supply and in the car as well. Maybe it has to do with the caps charging up but it always works at the end.
                Compaq Evo D510 e-PC - P4 2.0 - 512M RAM - 120G 3.5 HD - 7" Xenarc 700TSV - DSATX fitted nicely inside the PC case

                Comment


                • #9
                  Zebelkhan but sometimes it dosent turn on. the fan starts to spin then stops then dosent srtart again. fuk it just did it i went to check it just now.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    zootjeff are you talking about the p4 connector?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by killa996
                      zootjeff are you talking about the p4 connector?
                      No, he's talking about the two-wire connector that goes to the power switch headers on your motherboard.
                      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                      How about the Wiki?



                      Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        helppppp i have a video of my problem check it out

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by killa996
                          helppppp i have a video of my problem check it out
                          Can you point me to the PDF Manual for your Motherboard?

                          Which pins of the motherboard are you connecting to pin G1 and G2.

                          I assume you've tried both polaritys of the jumper on the motherboard?
                          MPEGBOX - Plexiglass Computer
                          www.mpegbox.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by killa996
                            zootjeff are you talking about the p4 connector?
                            No the power on cable. It is 2 pins and 24 inches long. The one you modified for a positive pulse. You did verify that you have a positive pulse motherboard?

                            When you remove it all together what happens when you hit the power button The old way, by shorting the pins or using a standard Power button from a case?
                            MPEGBOX - Plexiglass Computer
                            www.mpegbox.com

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              its a asus P4V8X-MX
                              the manual is here
                              http://support.asus.com/download/dow...model=P4V8X-MX
                              thanks

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X