Compaq SSF Power

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compaq SSF Power

In short I bought the Opus 150 and discovered that the mother board on my computer (Compaq Ipaq SSF) is a 14 pin as opposed to the regular atx 20. The two threads I found that discussed this dead ended. Is there anyway to utilize the Opus with a non ATX board? I was thinking maybe using the wires from the power button. Or maybe using the built in shutdown controller from the Opus with an inverter? Any ideas on this?

Find out what wire the Compaq actually use and redo the connector.
    The Compaq probably uses all the voltage rails of standard ATX.
    Example: Instead of 5 wires for 5V, it only use 1 or 2 wires for 5V.
    2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
    89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
    Y2K Accord Dell GX150
    RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
    EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Thanks for the response. I just talked myself down from getting an inverter. Here is the last post that this subject came up in http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...0+pin+power+14
      I got the colors but I have no idea about "inverting the PS on signal from MB" thi is needed because Compaq uses positive logic to enable PSU. This is greek to me. if you have any thought PLEASE let know.

Comment

follow the circuit diagram in the second PDF, it shows you exactly how to connect everything including the opto couple along with the part number you need to get. I couldnt find the exact part but but I found several that would do the same job. Cheapest was 58p thats about $1.

Edit***
        I found his website with a contact page if you want to ask him where to get the exact same part
        http://ashsoft2000.tripod.com/index_files/Page345.htm
        Visit my site V8 Scimitar

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

Comment

Great thanks for the reply. I was doing some research and it looks like what I need is a 4 channel optocouple. I am new to this electrical stuff but it seems to me if I show the diagram to a reputable electrical componant shop they should be able to give me a matching product. I'll go hunting tomorrow. Thanks again for ur help.

Comment

Originally posted by v8 scimitar
            follow the circuit diagram in the second PDF, it shows you exactly how to connect everything including the opto couple along with the part number you need to get. I couldnt find the exact part but but I found several that would do the same job. Cheapest was 58p thats about $1.

Edit***
            I found his website with a contact page if you want to ask him where to get the exact same part
            http://ashsoft2000.tripod.com/index_files/Page345.htm
            It looks as though the the part he mentioned TIL192 is discontinued, Also basd on the circuit diagram it looks as though i need a 4 pin the 192 looks like a 8. I beleive these will do the same thing TLP624 from Isocom or H11A617, the problem is I cannot find any place that sells them retail. Can you please let me know where you found the one that is about a dollar. Or what sort of store would sell this part. Thanks lot

Comment

they were on www.Maplin.co.uk and http://rswww.com but I dont think any will ship to the US if thats where you are. If you are in the states then http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSea...653458&Site=US has the 624 for 96cents and will sell just one.

Edit***

ok digikey links from the search page dont work the above link is to a single channel toshiba 624 but if you go to www.digikey.com and enter the part number it will give you a few options.
              Visit my site V8 Scimitar

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

Comment

Thanks alot for the information. I just ordered 3 (considering I have to buy a soldering iron I am anticipating some mistakes). I'll post once I have everything installed.

Comment

Okay got my optocouplers today. I am I am looking over ashsofts Diagram and I see a rectangle with 1k. What is that. I have never taken and electronics class in my life so please forgive my ignorance > Thanks

Comment

Alright everything is hooked up here are my issues. The LED on the Opus is blinking. When I looked up the code and it indicates low voltage from battery. (off to the mechanic I go.) The second issue I cannot turn the computer on. I am getting a green light on the mother board but when I press power nothing happens. I also hooked up the power wires from the Opus and still nothing. While testing the power on off switch (using buzz option on my tester) to see if I was getting power the power the LED light came on green then started blinking red. Based on what I looked up this inidcate a "power crowbar" over voltage protection. Can anyone offer any solutions to this? Thanks.

Comment

Did you get this to work yet?
                      i have a 14pin and have an MTX-2
                      10 acura TL tech
                      10 BMW S1000RR

Comment

Working...
                      X