Warranty problems with Mini-Box?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty problems with Mini-Box?

I bought an M2-ATX from MP3Car and it died. Now for over the last two weeks, I have fought unsuccessfully with Mini-Box to honor their 1 year warranty.

They keep saying I have to get MP3Car to send them a copy of their original invoice, because they need a copy. MP3Car won't even respond to this! Even if they did need an invoice, why can't they just punch in a $0 proxy order and use that? No reason.

What I don't get is, they make the same amount of money whether they sell to MP3Car or me directly, (otherwise, they wouldn't let MP3Car carry the product in the first place) yet I get no warranty? What is the difference?! The only reason I even purchased from MP3Car was I read on the boards they had a newer revision of the M2-ATX.

Legally they have to honor their warranty whether I purchase it directly or through another store - their are court cases that show this and I have told them. The manual does not even mention this requirement.

Has anyone had similar problems and done anything to get them to honor it? Should I contact the BBB or local mafia? What should I do?
    Audio: 4 * Rainbow Audio Germs + Infinity Basslink / Case: iStarUSA S3 / CPU: C2D P8700 / MB: Jetway NC64-LF / SC: ASUS Xonar Essence STX / RAM: Crucial 2x1GB 1066MHz / HD: MTRON 2.5" 30GB / DVD: Panasonic UJ-815B / PSU: Opus 180w / LCD: Xenarc 700TSV

they don't necessarially make the same money.

MP3car.com buys in bulk, meaning they get discounted prices, meaning mini-box probably actually makes less per M2 sold to MP3car.com

have you tried calling the MP3car.com store? or have you just emailed? have you contacted the board administrators directly? what all have you dont to contact them?
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

They get discounted prices, for multiple reasons, but the net is they make the same amount of money. The difference takes into account costs of individual sales, more exposure through multiple store fronts and revenue they can capitalize on now. Businesses don't offer discounts, because they are generous.

Anyway, a warranty legally should not have conditions unless they list those up front.

My issue is with Mini-Box, but I have now contacted MP3Car thrice and Mini-Box six times. Guido is next.

MP3Car finally responded and gave me a copy of my invoice. I don't think that's what Mini-Box wants, but I will shoot it over to them...

Edit: Zip-Lock from MP3Car pm'd me earlier this morning saying to give them a call, which is what I will do tomorrow. Thank you, Nat! Finally.
      Audio: 4 * Rainbow Audio Germs + Infinity Basslink / Case: iStarUSA S3 / CPU: C2D P8700 / MB: Jetway NC64-LF / SC: ASUS Xonar Essence STX / RAM: Crucial 2x1GB 1066MHz / HD: MTRON 2.5" 30GB / DVD: Panasonic UJ-815B / PSU: Opus 180w / LCD: Xenarc 700TSV

Comment

I'm confused...

I also had a defective M2, and emailed mini-box. They told me to contact mp3car.com for an RMA. So...I fired off an email with pics to mp3car.com and they issued me an RMA. I returned the M2 to mp3car.com, and they are sending me a new unit. In my case, everything was handled very professionally.

Just wondeirng, but how did your M2 fail? I started a thread here:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=78221

...after my own M2 died, and several other members have had similar experiences, including fried motherboard components, hard drives, etc., after the failure. Post your own experience there, if you don't mind...

An amateur built the Ark. The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

Working...
        X