Volt / Amps from Lillipt screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volt / Amps from Lillipt screen

Hi , im using a Subaru WRX bolt in kit with toushcreen...
    But there's no computer right now. But i have installed the screen and using a computer (4 connector) plug to power it up. It works fine, but i have also included a fuse for the ACC wire (red) but im wondering how much AMPS i must use. Right now i have a 5 amps fuse.

IS IT GOOD or do i need a lower one ??

Originally posted by iceman79
    Hi , im using a Subaru WRX bolt in kit with toushcreen...
    But there's no computer right now. But i have installed the screen and using a computer (4 connector) plug to power it up. It works fine, but i have also included a fuse for the ACC wire (red) but im wondering how much AMPS i must use. Right now i have a 5 amps fuse.

IS IT GOOD or do i need a lower one ??
    You should probably use a 1 or 2 amp fuse. They draw less then about an amp (on the order of .8 or so amps) for a total of about 10 watts of power.

Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

only 1 amp !! wow... im way out of range !!! ok
      thanks for the advice !

Comment

A good rule of thumb for fuses if 150% of current requirement. So a w amp draw should have about a 1.5 amp fuse. Going to low may cause the fuse to blow under normal operation, too high and you risk damage to your device from over amperage.

Michael
        ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

ok , ill try the 1 amp fuse and check out how it runs..
          anyways, in only using an xbox right now with the screen...

Comment

I just used the fuse that Lilliput had in their "egg" - the little box that's in-line in the cig. lighter adapter that came with the screen. I believe it's a 2 amp.

Comment

Working...
            X