Power supply for inside house

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power supply for inside house

Ive taken My CarPc out of the car to do some maintenance.

In the car i run the M1 ATX to power the PC and it works great, but i took it out yesterday and put the standard Morex power supply in. But i have 1 problem, Ive lost the standard power cord for it.

I do have a multi voltage power adaptor lying around though so is it possiible i can use this?
    The adaptor can output in 7 different voltages: 1.5 / 3 / 4.5 / 6 / 7.5 / 9 / 12 and has a maximum current of 1200mA

I have tried using this on several different settings but nothing is working.

I did also try a power cable from an external hard drive which outputs at 12v ---3A.

with this cable the Blue LED lights up when the power is pushed but nothing else happens not even the fan starts spinning.

has anyone got any advise on how i can power this damn thing, i dont perticularly want to sit in the car for hours installing new software.

Edit***
    This is the case i have:
    http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_...products_id=75

Thanks
    Ken
    ------
    Prepping for Trax in september
    Re-Building the whole CarPC to upgrade all the software
    Whole new boot build and moulding my screen into the dash...Again

That power supply only puts out 1200mA, which is 1.2A. It won't work at all because the computer is going to draw a lot more than 1.2A. The HDD power thing that provides 3A is better, but still nowhere near enough.
    You need something that's going to ut out 15A @ 12v at the very least, preferrably 20A or more.

I use an ATX power supply I have lying around and it powers my setup in the house with no problems.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

cheers chap,

I went and robbed the ATX power supply from a PC i had lying around. i didnt even think if that.

Ken
      ------
      Prepping for Trax in september
      Re-Building the whole CarPC to upgrade all the software
      Whole new boot build and moulding my screen into the dash...Again

Comment

First thing, put the M1-ATX back in. It has 80W output and the one that came with the 3688B only has 60W. It also will take a range of input voltages where the morex one needs 12V regulated. As for what kind of power brick to use, the one that came with my case gives 12V @5A. It works fine on my setup with either the Morex ps or the M1-ATX. I only draw about 2.5A from it though. Assuming your M1 is working inside its specs, you shouldn't need more than 8A to run @ 12V.
        ~Jimmy

Comment

Working...
        X