uSDC20D shutdown problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uSDC20D shutdown problem

Heres my problem when the uSDC20D is in counting down it doesnt send the pulse for the computer to shutdown. After the count down it just shuts the computer down and the inverter and doesnt give my computer time to hibernate. When I look at the manual it doesnt show me how to configure T3 the time required for the pc to shutdown/hibernate. Does anyone know how to set T3?

Originally posted by remarque
    Heres my problem when the uSDC20D is in counting down it doesnt send the pulse for the computer to shutdown. After the count down it just shuts the computer down and the inverter and doesnt give my computer time to hibernate. When I look at the manual it doesnt show me how to configure T3 the time required for the pc to shutdown/hibernate. Does anyone know how to set T3?
    If it detects that OnSense is low, it sets T3 to 2 seconds otherwise it is hard coded to 90 seconds. OnSense is pulled high internally. If your not sending the pulse, it could be your polarity is backwards or pins are swapped.

Is it flashing twice for 90 seconds?

Jeff
    MPEGBOX - Plexiglass Computer
    www.mpegbox.com

Comment

Yes it does flashes twice when it get downs to 90 sec. I got the count down at 1min 37sec could that be the problem since the T3 is 90sec?

Comment

Yes it does flashes twice when it get downs to 90 sec. I got the count down at 1min 37sec could that be the problem since the T3 is 90sec?
        Uh, 1 minute and 37 seconds is 97 seconds which is pretty close to 90 seconds. You know that right? There are a few seconds of overhead. Your problem is your pulse is not getting to your motherboard.
        www.mpegbox.com

Comment

Yeah I know 97sec is close to 90sec,but I dont need that long for my computer to hibernate. The controller doesnt send the pulse to shut down my computer. It really wouldnt matter if it is set to 97sec, when it gets down to 90sec it should shut down the computer.

Comment

Yeah I know 97sec is close to 90sec,but I dont need that long for my computer to hibernate. The controller doesnt send the pulse to shut down my computer. It really wouldnt matter if it is set to 97sec, when it gets down to 90sec it should shut down the computer.

So the Led Flashes once per second in countdown mode, then right when it goes from flashing once to flashing twice is when the shutdown pulse is sent. Then the computer shuts down, the OnSense line goes low (if used) and then the uSDC20D pulls the plug. If your not using On sense, it waits the 90 seconds then pulls the plug. If the pulse is not getting in, look at the switch polairty. The USDC is only capable of pulling a high signal to ground. It can't activly drive a high signal. What motherboard are you using? Does the startup pulse work?
            www.mpegbox.com

Comment

Im using a msi ms-6351 LPX motherboard. I am using the On Sense switch, does it matter what diode I use? I'm using a 1n914.

Comment

your problem is the shutdown signal doesn't got sent to the computer. the diode or computer on sense isn't the problem.

double check your connection from USDC pin 1 to motherboard power switch connector. should be on + of the connector, not -. if still no go, you might want to monitor the signal with a multimeter.

Comment

hi i have a similar problem however mine will not start up the pc if i manuly start it my shorting the jumpers ont he motherboard and then put the connector back it will shutdown when i turn off the trigger source to the uSDC20D any suggestions here?

Comment

Working...
                  X