Rear View Mirror LCD w/rear view Camera

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear View Mirror LCD w/rear view Camera

Alright well I am about to do an install in a week or so on my brother-inlaws 06' Tahoe Z71. We bought a rear view mirror lcd and also a license plate camera. My question is how do I make the lcd turn on whenever the car is put into reverse? Someone said to wire it to the reverse light so it comes on whenever the car is put in reverse, but my question is whether or not the wire from the rear view mirror to the rear of the car will be that long. And is there any other way I can do this? Thanks!
    Attached Files

Of course it will be that long....
    Power has to get from the battery under the hood to the taillights in the rear of the car somehow...
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

if its not that long when you get it. you will have to make it that long. one way or another. custom cable or extensions. a lot of people have back up cams that switch on when you put it in reverse.
      i think there is a button somewhere to help you answer that question..... but i dont reemmber what its called or where it is. i think ill start a new thread asking what this button is thats used to locate information.
      http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c8.../positions.gif

Comment

im plannin gon doing something similar, wats the status of this project

Comment

Get the cable at the rearview switch at the gear stick

Comment

Originally posted by lex4style View Post
            Alright well I am about to do an install in a week or so on my brother-inlaws 06' Tahoe Z71. We bought a rear view mirror lcd and also a license plate camera. My question is how do I make the lcd turn on whenever the car is put into reverse? Someone said to wire it to the reverse light so it comes on whenever the car is put in reverse, but my question is whether or not the wire from the rear view mirror to the rear of the car will be that long. And is there any other way I can do this? Thanks!
            I like the way the display monitor looks. It looks similar to a rear view mirror, so if you intend to replace your rear view mirror, potential theives might be fooled. Do you know what the name of that monitor is?
            Check out my GMC Savana worklog.

Remaining tasks to facilitate vanputer installation codename "Enterprise":
            - Edit skin to liking.
            - Get compatible phone for mobilephone.net.
            - Facilitate HVAC control.

Comment

Nevermind, I found it.

http://www.globalsources.com/gsol/I/...1002802055.htm
              Check out my GMC Savana worklog.

Remaining tasks to facilitate vanputer installation codename "Enterprise":
              - Edit skin to liking.
              - Get compatible phone for mobilephone.net.
              - Facilitate HVAC control.

Comment

Working...
              X