Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M2-ATX not working? Not sure what happened.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M2-ATX not working? Not sure what happened.

I was doing some work under the dash, don't think I loosened any wires or anything?? But when I went to put the key in the ignition the PC turned on but I couldn't turn on my Provision 8" (no auto turn-on). I turn the car off, check my connections, unplug the power from the PC and plug it back in, try the ignition and now the PC won't boot either even if I manually press the power button on the case.

checked the fuse?
    Current:
    [BMW E46 ///M3 Convertible]

Previous:
    [BMW E31 850CSi]|[BMW E39 535i]|[BMW HVAC Research]|[IBUS Scrolling Text]|[BMPuter]|[Velocity]|[TomTom]|[Vision]|[Space Navigator Driver]|[Super Fast Boot]

Comment

Yea the fuse is fine, I'm not sure what happened, all the connections are in place...?

Comment

I would try to isolate the problem by taking out the m2 and seeing if you ca get it working by itself. stick it in dumb psu more and give it some power, then manuall short the power on termianls. if it goes on, it's something with your wiring. if it doesn't, it' something with ur m2.
        Current:
        [BMW E46 ///M3 Convertible]

Previous:
        [BMW E31 850CSi]|[BMW E39 535i]|[BMW HVAC Research]|[IBUS Scrolling Text]|[BMPuter]|[Velocity]|[TomTom]|[Vision]|[Space Navigator Driver]|[Super Fast Boot]

Comment

Originally posted by SuprchargdMazda
          I was doing some work under the dash, don't think I loosened any wires or anything?? But when I went to put the key in the ignition the PC turned on but I couldn't turn on my Provision 8" (no auto turn-on). I turn the car off, check my connections, unplug the power from the PC and plug it back in, try the ignition and now the PC won't boot either even if I manually press the power button on the case.
          I'd do a quick search here and take a look at the common issues with the M2...there are several recent threads with pics of failed chips on the M2. Take a look at your M2 board and see if anything looks similar...

An amateur built the Ark. The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

Working...
          X