Poll: m1-atx or m2-atx

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: m1-atx or m2-atx

which do you use? and how fast is your pc?

what im trying to get here is seeing if i can run a M1-atx on a via 800mhz

You may want to list what other hardware you're planning on using with it. And its the Via EPIA 800? Mini-itx?

I have an M2, but I also have a P4 processor.
    Tidder

Try RevFE
    The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

unless you're attaching some really crazy stuff to it, (and given how slow an epia 800 is, i don't think attaching much power-hungry stuff would work very well anyway) there's no reason an M1-ATX wouldn't be enough for it. the epias (the 800 especially) use so little power it's ridiculous.
      But don't take it from me! here's a quote from a real, live newbie:
      Originally posted by Viscouse
      I am learning buttloads just by searching on this forum. I've learned 2 big things so far: 1-it's been done before, and 2-if it hasn't, there is a way to do it.
      eegeek.net

Comment

I have a Via MIIK1000, laptop HD, USB GPS, PCMCIIA sound card, IR reciever for steering wheel mounted remote, and a firewire DVD drive that gets it's power from the mobo. All powered off of an M1-ATX. I have never had any problems with it as for as power goes. With just 800MHz you'll be fine with a M1, it's when you get into p4 territory and such that you start having problems
        -ZtH01
        "It's my belief that my big balls should be held every night"

Comment

Originally posted by rsx_03
          which do you use? and how fast is your pc?

what im trying to get here is seeing if i can run a M1-atx on a via 800mhz
          Via SP8000 running from M1. Also powers the screen and all devices, no problem for me.
          ~Jimmy

Comment

Working...
          X