M2 ATX Power on problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M2 ATX Power on problem

I have had my M2 power supply for a few months and it has worked well. Last week however, I started experiencing problems with my car computer not turning on at times. This happens mostly if I turn my car on shortly after I have turned it off (like if a run to grab something at a store).

If I leave my car off for a longer period of time, my computer then seems to startup ok. Once it has power it stays on with no problem.

I have checked the voltage at both the power and switch terminals when this happens and the reading is fine. The power supply is getting power and the switch signal, but is not providing power to anything. I am sure it is not a loose connection because I am experiencing the same issue when I hook the power supply directly into an ATX power supply in my house.

Has anyone else had this problem before?

Do you mean you're plugging the desktop ATX PSU into your mobo, or are you using the 12V line from the ATX PSU to power your M2ATX?
    MII-12000 / Ampie / Lilliput 7" / BU-355 / PicoPSU / uSDC
    Currently: Enjoying the setup, but always contemplating my next move...

Comment

i just had this same issue with mine. It has worked flawlessly for the past 4 or 5 months and now nothing...

I know the PC works fine. Its boots up with a normal ATX PSU but when trying to run it thru the M2 the unit is completly un responsive. Any ideas?
      Josh
      '04 WRX

Comment

For mine Im only getting 12V, the 5VSB doesnt even work. Beginning to think the 3.3V/5V converter chip is burned out. If it suddenly stopped working, probably a similar issue, need to get it replaced.

Comment

How do i figure out what is wrong with mine?
          Josh
          '04 WRX

Comment

There are other PSU troubleshooting threads (and websites). Basically you have to short two pins on your ATX cable, then use a multimeter to test the various voltages, see what is actually giving you power. The missing voltages can give you an idea of what chips are bad.

Comment

Working...
            X