Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got my DSATX!

well i finally got my DSATX yesterday..

it is performing very good more than i expected actually. (at least on my bench)..it really deserves every penny of what i paid..

The only surprise was that i had a check on my mobo before ordering to check for the polarity, by shorting the 2 pins and checking for the voltage with a voltmeter. it gave me around 4.5 -5 volts...so i just decided to make a cable like Jeff recommended.. the cable was ready in 5 minutes..
    when i received the DSATX I tried it with my cable but it just spined for a second then stopped.. i tried to reverse it (even though i was sure it was correct) but the same..nothing

so i tried the cable that came with the unit.. and guess what.. it works!! I notice the fans spin for a second the stop for half a second then startup fine (is that normal??) but the Power supply works perfectly starting up and shutting down..) I wonder how though!!!

Originally posted by Nomader
    so i tried the cable that came with the unit.. and guess what.. it works!! I notice the fans spin for a second the stop for half a second then startup fine (is that normal??) but the Power supply works perfectly starting up and shutting down..) I wonder how though!!!
    Mine does that, too. I'm guessing it's normal behavior.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

you're refering to the power cable that connects the DSATX to the motherboard with the molex device power connectors coming off it?
      Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

Originally posted by tj!2k4
        you're refering to the power cable that connects the DSATX to the motherboard with the molex device power connectors coming off it?
        I am refering to the 2 pin jumper cable that connects the DSATX to the mobo..(the mobo startup pins).

the problem is that i do have an inverted mobo..requiring positive voltage.. but the dsatx works with a regular cable, instead of the inverted it sould work

Comment

gotcha, i was actually thinking of the 20?/24? pin power cable.
          Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

I have this same problem...the fan spins for a few seconds then cuts off...I have tried switching the polarities but that didnt do anything...it works fine with a switch...what should I do next, make a new cable?
            97 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
            P4 2.4
            Freetech MoBo
            DSATX 220W
            512 MB ram
            200 GB Maxtor harddrive
            Road Runner
            Iguidance 2.1
            EZSync 1.94

Comment

I have this same problem...the fan spins for a few seconds then cuts off...I have tried switching the polarities but that didnt do anything...it works fine with a switch...what should I do next, make a new cable?
              97 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
              P4 2.4
              Freetech MoBo
              DSATX 220W
              512 MB ram
              200 GB Maxtor harddrive
              Road Runner
              Iguidance 2.1
              EZSync 1.94

Comment

Working...
              X