DC-DC *Large* group buy!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC-DC *Large* group buy!

I was reading classified ads on this board, and came accross a discussion starting in a LCD for sale thread. This new thread was created for the purpose of looking further into what dscustoms might be able to find/get for us. Read toward the end of this thread..

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...&threadid=7534

Mastero started what would have been a group buy several months ago, and I would like to see if we can try it again. Now that we know more, and might be able to get more people, this buy might get some good dc-dc psu's for a great price.

Anyone interested in getting a 250w DC-DC psu, for $160 (usd) or less, this is the time. I would ask that you do not post your interest just yet, lets get everything worked out, then we can get lists of people who want to get in on the buy.

Yay. Lets see what happens.
    System in the works:
    Celeron 850 or PIII 933, SB Live! Value into a stock 4 channel amp, ATI vid, 10.4" sharp LCD w/ allen's controller, Elo SW touchscreen overlay and controller, GPS, TV tuner, FW DVD drive, 4 port serial card, and some other stuff....

Loads of ideas.

Hi Claylong good to see someone is planning on this

this guy i spoke to was B.F. Lee from SPS in Taiwan his email is

[email protected]

The last price he gave me was USD90$ for the ATX 250watts

delivery ex Taiwan each PSu weighs 2kgs

See what you guys can do now ..

Need any more info let me know

Mastero

Comment

$90 USD..Hello!!!!
      Technology, Gadgets and Making Money Online
      http://www.genemills.ca

Comment

wrong number cyber dial again

YES 90$ USD but its in taiwan if you can go and pick it up its yours for 90 bucks

Comment

Just wanted to add that I run an SPS-House 200 watt DC-DC PSU and it works great. I have an AT model.

-Jesse

Clay, did you get that 10.4" lcd working?
          2001 Ranger XLT Off Road
          Sony CDX-C910, Sony CDX-U303
          Sony XA-300 USB->unilink adapter
          In dash 5.8" LCD
          Infinity Beta 3 way component set
          4 - OZ Audio 250L 10" subs
          2 Sony XES-M1's, Sony XES-M3
          Esoteric Audio wiring
          Toshiba 7020CT laptop with DVD docking station.

Comment

count me in
            http://austmp3car.tk

Comment

Ok. At this point I am going to see if dscustoms wants, or can get these things at about that price. He said that he wanted to try to broker a deal for us. If he cannot, I will be willing to do so.

BUT, in order for this to work, I feel a few things are going to have to happen, in order. First, we find out who is dealing this one, and how much of a deal they can get. THEN we get a list together. As you all know, more people is better... So we might just have to get a little marketing program for this buy. Then we collect money, then we buy them, then we ship them.

Sound good? I am going to talk to the few people I need to. I will post when I know something.

Clay

As for the 10.4" screen, No. Not yet, that is. I still do not have the needed hirose cable. but thanks.
              System in the works:
              Celeron 850 or PIII 933, SB Live! Value into a stock 4 channel amp, ATI vid, 10.4" sharp LCD w/ allen's controller, Elo SW touchscreen overlay and controller, GPS, TV tuner, FW DVD drive, 4 port serial card, and some other stuff....

Loads of ideas.

Comment

you can count me in too....

Comment

Count Me in.
                  1983 BMW 733i
                  Cyrix 166 32MB with MPXPLAY And no display. Player sits on the back seat with a keypad in front. Someday I'll mount this thing for good...
                  Gathering parts for carplayer v2.0!

Comment

Please, guys... I have NOT started the count yet. Hold the 'count me in posts' until I know more.

Sorry, but I want to stay organized.

Thanks.
                    System in the works:

Loads of ideas.

Comment

I'm going to contact the people at sps house, I'll try to find out if I can get some quantity discount on those, better than 90$ perhaps. You all need to know, freight from taiwan is expensive, and I have to pay duties on everything I bring in. All these costs will have to be factored into my final price, plus the effort for brokering the deals has to pay me something, even if its really small like the screens I've been selling to you guys. I'll post again when I hear back from them.
                      Thanks
                      David
                      Old School MP3CAR.com member!

Comment

Ok, I have made contact with sps house, and according to them, they would have never quoted a price of 90$ for one. That's about the absolute best price I can get at a large quantity. What I can do is this. If I can get enough interest shown, above 30 people who want one and can pay immediately, I can probably do them for ???$ each? what does keypower sell them for... I'm sure I can beat them, but I need to make a little money on these or it's not worth my time!

These would be the exact same unit as the keypower
                        KP-DX 250H
                        ATX (style) 250Watts

DC to DC Power Supply.

Somebody post what keypower will sell them for, I'll tell you all what I can do.

Thanks everyone,
                        Dave

Comment

Oh, and this contact at sps house doesn't know of any B.F. Lee working there. 90$ is an impossible number for anyone to resell these at. People who are definitely interested, please post here. If there is enough response, I'll do this.
                          Thanks,
                          Dave

Comment

I got a response from SPS, saying about $100 per unit, if we get 20+ units. That MIGHT still be a good deal, compared to the prices of keypower, which I believe is more than $150 NO MATTER WHAT...

I am interested in one unit for myself. Please count me in.

Thanks, dscustoms.
                            System in the works:

Loads of ideas.

Comment

Also, the person I spoke with at SPS was named Lee... Weird.
                              System in the works:

Loads of ideas.

Comment

Working...
                              X