m1-atx laptop power brick?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m1-atx laptop power brick?

So I have been searching around and reading other threads, and I Just want to verify before I do anything to screw up my caputer. I have a voompc carputer setup with a m1-atx, and I want to be able to test the carputer in my dorm room. So will I be able to simply take a 12v laptop power brick and slpice the wires to power up the voompc? Just look for the easiest, and most cost effective way to power my carpc in my dorm room so I can get it all set up before it goes in my car.

that should work, if the laptop brick can provide enough amperage/wattage for the pc... if the atx is 150watt & the laptop brick is only 90watt, you could run short of power, depends on a lot of variables, you probably wouldn't hurt anything by trying, but if it's way off then don't bother...
    MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Being an M1 it cant be that power hungry anyway so should work. If you have an unused power brick then fine but if you have to get hold of one then a cheap ATX power supply would probably be a better solution.
      Visit my site V8 Scimitar

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

Comment

The atx power supply sounds like my best bet. So just any standard atx power supply, or does it need to be 12v?

Comment

Any standard one will do all you have to do is bridge out pins 14 and 13 then all you have to do is take the 12v from the molex connector.
          Visit my site V8 Scimitar

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

Comment

Working...
          X