Car PC power Line

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car PC power Line

fitted a car pc other day the power line is fused but was just wondering shall i put a swich on the power line ? or is the standard mother board switch good enough

That depends... Do you want a switch to completely kill power to the PC?

Also, remember that you're going to need a pretty beefy switch to handle the current going to the PC. A low-current switch (such as the one that powers on the PC) isn't going to be able to handle the current going throught the power line.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

i just dont want the pc burning it self out ? when i turn the standard button off the pc off the wifi usb light is still on

Comment

PCs don't burn themselves out. I leave my PCs at home on 24/7 nless I'm away for an extended period.

Your Wifi light is still on because there is +5v still going to the USB devicves. That means your PC is still drawing current (albeit a small amount, I'm certain). This could drain your battery, particularly if the battery is older and doesn't hold as much of a charge as it did when new.
        If you have a newer battery or a deep-cycle battery (such as an Optima yellow-top), this probably woudln't be an issue.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Working...
        X