M2-ATX will not go into Standby...No apps runing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M2-ATX will not go into Standby...No apps runing

The M2-ATX was working fine at first. Then I installed StreetDeck. That started causing problems with the Standby. Now I have uninstalled SD and when I turn the key off the PC will not go into Standby. It waits for about 5 seconds and then just shuts off.

Jumper is set to "B"

Any ideas?
    2003 E46 BMW
    Lilliput Transflective, GM965 mobo w/ Processor
    ELMSCAN 5 USB, Slot load DVD, BU-353 GPS
    Everything is for sale.

check windows power management settings
    http://www.customcarcomputers.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by polo6979 View Post
      The M2-ATX was working fine at first. Then I installed StreetDeck. That started causing problems with the Standby. Now I have uninstalled SD and when I turn the key off the PC will not go into Standby. It waits for about 5 seconds and then just shuts off.

Jumper is set to "B"

Any ideas?
      The M2 just send a pulse to the computer. The computer determines if it boots, hibernates, stands by, or shutsdown.

For the most part, if the computer starts from the M2, or shutsdown instead of hibernate or standby, the M2 is doing it's job.

Also, this has been covered several times. This usually boils down to either installation/wire connection mistakes, or OS settings.
      Did it ever work correctly?
      Do you have the wire from J8 to the MB?

Michael
      ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiredwrx View Post
        Do you have the wire from J8 to the MB?

Michael
        of course he does if its 5 seconds the m2 hard of is 45 seconds minimum
        http://www.customcarcomputers.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by turner brown View Post
          of course he does if its 5 seconds the m2 hard of is 45 seconds minimum
          You can assume all you want. After you are here for a while, you will realize that what they say happens, either doesn;t always happen, or they realize later that 10 other things happened before or at the same time. Unfortunately, when it comes to newbies, there is no way to be sure about anything.

I can;t tell you how many times this question has been posted "MY M2 is broken, it doesn't start and/or shutdown the computer" when they have NEGLECTED TO INSTALL THE WIRE FROM J8.

Very common mistake, though I do agree, his OS settings are MOST LIKELY wrong.

Michael
          ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Was working, then installed StreetDeck, now its not. To me, that says its Street Deck, not the M2 (as much as I hate those damn things, cant blame it this time, sorry). Poke around the Street Deck forum, there's at least one other similar thread....
            MII-12000 / Ampie / Lilliput 7" / BU-355 / PicoPSU / uSDC
            Currently: Enjoying the setup, but always contemplating my next move...

Comment

It is almost working correctly when I have SD loaded. There is a little bug that I was trying to fix with it so I decided to UNinstall SD. After uninstalling it I wanted to test the powersupply to see if it works correctly. and it did not.

I cant wait to get this power thing fixed. Then I will be a happy camper
              2003 E46 BMW
              Lilliput Transflective, GM965 mobo w/ Processor
              ELMSCAN 5 USB, Slot load DVD, BU-353 GPS
              Everything is for sale.

Comment

TB and RSD, see what I mean??

Polo,

Have you checked and double checked the wiring from the battery. Have you connected the power to the battery. Have you checked the accessory source with a voltmeter?? Did you connect the wire between J8 and the MB? Have you flipped on of the connectors 180 degrees? Have you checked the power management settings on the OS. What is it set to? Do you even have the standby option when you shut down using the mouse.

Arggg, it is rediculous restating everything that has already been posted in several threads. At this point, do those, search the forum, and read up.

Michael

Comment

Working...
                X