Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Powered Portable CarPC with laptop battery?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powered Portable CarPC with laptop battery?

I am planning to put together a portable carpc/media player and wondering if I can use the laptop battery to power my carpc. Will there be any flutuation in current if I use the cigarette adapter to charge the laptop battery as well as power supply to the carpc? Any comment is greatly appreciated.

a laptop battery is designed to power.. get this, a laptop

if your not using the laptop, it probably wouldnt run for very long, unless you have a very low power carpc

and how would you charge the battery safely through the lighter socket? you'd need a way to not overcharge it

Comment

Yea, i would strongly advise against it, if i'm not mistaken, the computer regulates a good amount of what the battery does, in terms of when to charge, when to stop charging...and, you're going to run into a whole mess of problems that way.

Comment

Originally posted by senseless228 View Post
        Yea, i would strongly advise against it, if i'm not mistaken, the computer regulates a good amount of what the battery does, in terms of when to charge, when to stop charging...and, you're going to run into a whole mess of problems that way.
        well, i agree laptops can charge batteries, because they have the charging equipment..

if hes using desktop pc equipment, then i highly doubt it would be able to charge anything, or regulate the battery well at all

(OP didnt say if he was using desktop equipment or laptop)

Comment

Working...
        X