No announcement yet.

Can I stop this (ACC/Start/ACC)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I stop this (ACC/Start/ACC)

Im using a laptop with an linitx touchscreen for my carpc setup. What i would like to stop happening is all the equipment recieving a power on (ACC ignition position 2) signal then this going off again as i go to position 3 to start the car. Clearly the ignition returns to the run/acc/position 2 once started but this delay has been causing me a few issues with the way my carpc is setup.

I just wondered if anyone has found a neat solution to this problem?
    I wondered if i could use a slow to open relay that might keep the circuit active for long enough to get the car started and the ignition switch back to position 2 ACC?

generally when your car cuts ACC during cranking, it is at the same time raising an IGN line. if you use 2 diodes, with anodes to each of those 2 lines, and cathodes tied together as the output, you will get power whenever EITHER of those 2 lines is powered, so it shouldn't cut out when in ACC or cranking. search the forums some more, I know it's been discussed on here.
    But don't take it from me! here's a quote from a real, live newbie:
    Originally posted by Viscouse
    I am learning buttloads just by searching on this forum. I've learned 2 big things so far: 1-it's been done before, and 2-if it hasn't, there is a way to do it.

cool thanks, i tried searching for acc but got too much to find details but il check about this ign line

Search for "ACC Combine" and you will find some regarding to combine the 2 to provide power to your device during engine crank.
        This is one of them. I post a diagram on how to do it on the last page.
        2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
        89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
        Y2K Accord Dell GX150
        RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
        EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Thanks very much guys, this is just what im after