M2-ATX Amp remote turn on......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M2-ATX Amp remote turn on......

Howdy, i have the above psu & i was wandering how exactly i connect the remote turn on for my amp as the psu has both live & earth pins but the amp has only the live. Cheers.

Originally posted by Judofanatic2005 View Post
    Howdy, i have the above psu & i was wandering how exactly i connect the remote turn on for my amp as the psu has both live & earth pins but the amp has only the live. Cheers.
    HUH?

Your amp should have Hi Power Positive, and a Ground for power, and then have a remote turn on, that is connected to the accessory/switched power source wire of the car, or to the Stereos remote turn on wire.

The M2 atx replaces the connection of the Remote Turn on Wire from the amp to the car. Instead, the amp remote turn on wire gets connected to the M2.

Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiredwrx View Post
      HUH?

Your amp should have Hi Power Positive, and a Ground for power, and then have a remote turn on, that is connected to the accessory/switched power source wire of the car, or to the Stereos remote turn on wire.

The M2 atx replaces the connection of the Remote Turn on Wire from the amp to the car. Instead, the amp remote turn on wire gets connected to the M2.

Michael
      There's 2 pins on the amp turn on section of the M1 and M2's. That's what was confusing him.

Judo. You should do a little seaching. This has been covered NUMEROUS times before.
      -ZtH01
      "It's my belief that my big balls should be held every night"

Comment

Thx for the replies however i cannot use the head unit remote wire as i aint gunna be using one. Everything mp3, gps etc is running off my carpc.

Comment

Originally posted by Judofanatic2005 View Post
          Thx for the replies however i cannot use the head unit remote wire as i aint gunna be using one. Everything mp3, gps etc is running off my carpc.
          Dude, you have to explain yourself completely. Tell us your setup, what you want to accomplsih, and what is happening. THe fact that you are not using a HU HAS NO BEARING ON HOW TO CONNECT THE M2 TO YOUR AMPS.

Michael
          ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

He is wondering how to use TWO wires off the M2 ATX amp turn on header and turning on an amp that has ONE turn on wire.

Brent
            1999 Nissan SE-L - turbo toy
            1993 Nissan NX - Turbo Racer

Standalone fuel management (AEM EMS) on both
            carPC

Comment

Use the pin on the left

I've been wondering the same thing now...

Manual Excerpt (courtesy of mini-box.com):

The Left Pin is the one further away from the ATX 20 pin connector.

Original Manual
              For Sale: Carputer (CarPC) & RCA Y-Adapter
              Newsflash: Take a look at my unsold stuff above, thanks!
              Up Next: Make an OBD to Serial cable & Redo the "MMI buttons"

Comment

I thought that the thread created explained himself just fine. The M2 has a 2 pin header for remote turn on. One is earth, one is live. Most amps use a live remote turn on, meaning, when they get +12v they turn on. Therefor you only need to use the live wire on the M2. The ground/earth pin on the M2 remains unconnected. You only use one or the other. If for some odd reason your amp needs to have a remote turn on that grounds a little voltage, then use the earth pin from the M2.

So just use 1. More than likely, just take the + pin, and run a wire to your amp. Done.
                Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Working...
                X