Powering pc and screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powering pc and screen

I was wondering if you could direct me or help me out with power my car pc and LCD. I am planning on buying a M2-ATX DC-DC PS. Would you direct me to a place with detailed information regarding this issue? Also the hook up of a Xenarc using molex? I tried the section on powering LCD but it doens't have enought detailed info or instructions.

For the Xenarc and Molex connector...Found this is in the LCD section for Xenarcs.

http://mp3car.com/vbulletin/showpost...7&postcount=14

As for powering your LCD and PC... there are many many options there. It's up to you on which way you go, but there are numerous methods/power supplies, etc for whichever direction you choose to go.

Comment

Well it is much much simpler than you probably think. Just connect the M2 to your mobo like any other PSU. Then for the screen, take the part after the "egg" as they call it, and splice it right into the +12 and GND from the M2 (yellow and black respectively if using the wires that came with it). The egg is the box that dangles on the cord between the screen and the power outlet that filters the car's power to a stable 12v. The M2 does this for you already and if you leave the egg on it, then it might be a funny picture (distorted perhaps). As for figuring out which of the wires is + and -, look on the screen, the wall transformer, manual, or the egg for a symbol that looks like a dot with a half circle around it. Might look like this:

That will tell you which is which.

Good Luck!
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Thanks for the help, I will try this out.

Comment

2k1Toaster, so do you recommend using a molex or the splicing the powercord and attaching it to the 12v? Which method is better? Any difference?

Comment

Splice the cord for the screen and wire that to a spare molex connector you have somewhere. We are geeks, we all have at least a bagillion of them! That way the M2's wiring is clean, and the screen can now plug in/out and not just be tethered
            Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
            1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
            30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
            15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
            Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Working...
            X