Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Wires

Morning All

Im still in the early process of snooping around getting all the information i can, but i was wondering if anyone can help me with a little picture from their setup?

I had a good look around a few threads in "Show your project" but couldnt see one picture id like too, and this was a picture of the end of the power wire from the Battery/Ignition that will lead to the PC in the Car/Boot where ever it may be located.

I dont know what end it needs, be it a plug or whatever, could someone show me a pic of theres, or link me to one that i missed?

I think you're wanting to know how to connect your power wires to the battery, if I read your post right.
    You need a battery terminal that will allow you to add additional wiring to the battery. I'd check out Crutchfield or SoundDomain for battery terminals. There are a variety of them that accept wires of different gages, different materials, etc.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Hey

Thanks for the reply, its actually the other way around. Running from The Battery/Ignition to the PC, how does that then power the PC?

Comment

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=78795

Check post #5
        How about the Wiki?

Comment

Hey

Thanks again, id read that post many times but i react and can relate better to pics than words. Just wanted to see how its ended near the PC, is it a plug, an adapter or something that is on the end of the wire that connects directly to the PC DC in?

Comment

It all depends on the type of setup you have, the type of power supply, etc.

I have 12AWG running into a 3-wire molex that snaps into the side of my case so I can disconnect it quickly.
            How about the Wiki?

Comment

Hmmm

This is never easy, all thoughts i have always are more technical than me It needs to power the iTuner M1-ATX, if that helps you any?

Im just unsure how one wire powers/plugs into that to power it all.

There are a couple of electrical car places round here, might go and see those tomorrow, and hope they have a clue of what i need

Comment

If you're having problems figuring out how the M1ATX gets wired into your vehicle, then I suggest you read the manual.
                If that doesn't make it clear at all, I suggest you pass this project on to someone who knows what they're doing. If you don't do this right, you can damage or destroy your electrical components, your car or your physical health.
                How about the Wiki?

Comment

Thanks for the link, i was looking for a manual for it

Im in no way happy to do this myself, i just need to find someone who will have the skills and time to do this for me, least then i know its done properly. If i cant find a shop or person, then i need to learn :/

Thanks for your advice

Scott

Comment

Working...
                  X