1.2 Farad Voodoo Cap.. NEED HELP!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.2 Farad Voodoo Cap.. NEED HELP!

I recently bought a single 10" Power Acoustik sub with 1800 watt max. I am feeding 980 watts to it with a Power Acoustik amp. I also have 4 guage wire. Everytime my sub hits a hard note my lights and other electrical components in my car go dim. So I read up on some capacitors and I ended up buying a 1.2 Farad Voodoo Rack Mount Capacitor. I wired it up and yet my lights still go dim. I am not sure if it is even working.. I charged the cap and everything and I'm almost positive it is wirred correctly. I need to know what else there is I need to do or what I missed.
    To the world you may be one person. But to one person you may be the world.

What battery are you running?
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 1.5L SOHC-VTEC

Comment

The headlight dimming, capacitor, battery issue has been discussed and even argued over many times... here's one
      http://mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthre...+capacitor+dim

Cheers...

Comment

haha thanks. I god word anout upgrading "the big 3". battery ground, altinator power, and motor ground. I read up on it and it seems to be a great idea that all makes perfect sence.

cheers
        To the world you may be one person. But to one person you may be the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Yacob View Post
          haha thanks. I god word anout upgrading "the big 3". battery ground, altinator power, and motor ground. I read up on it and it seems to be a great idea that all makes perfect sence.

cheers
          Yep, that'll do it Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X