FAN5230 from fairchild?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAN5230 from fairchild?

Would this chip be of any use? it looks like it would take quite a bit of external crap, but it seems like a decent start on a dc power supply...

http://www.fairchildsemi.com/pf/FA/F....html#AppNotes
    1999 voyager pontoon boat
    (soon to be computerized)

I'm surprised nobody has commented on this chip. I looked at it and it seems like a sweet idea, just wish I studied Electrical Engineering instead of Mechanical Engineering......

It seems like a good possibility, just have to use two to get decent amps on the 5VDC line. One chip gives 5VDC at 5 amps. Plus there is 12VDC but at 120 mA, so something would have to be done to work around that.

I went and order some samples from Fairchild and the Tech Sheet on the chip gives a schematic for a circuit. Just trying to understand it now.....

Any circuit gurus want to chime in on the feasability. I wish my brother lived closer he worked for Lockheed Martin desiging power supplies for satelites... this would be a cake walk for him.

Comment

good luck, I ordered some samples of this chip and the ka78r12 12v regulators about a month and half ago... the 12 volt regulators came in last week (dhl from syngapore) but I still havent got the fan5230's!
      1999 voyager pontoon boat
      (soon to be computerized)

Comment

Well damn Mike,

I guess you ain't asking nice enough. I did the sample order Friday and received 10 of them yesterday. Also got three of the other chips the MOSFET's shown in the schematic on the TD sheet for the 5230's.

I have had pretty good success from Fairchild with samples.

Now all I have to do is figure out how the hell you work with Surface Mount packages, those things are TINY !!!!!!! I mean real tiny.

Does anybody know of a way to work with soldering these things? Is there like a socket that will accept the surface mount and give you something to solder too?

Tiny, Tiny, TINY......

Comment

Working...
        X