DSATX Shutdown Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSATX Shutdown Problem

Hey i have a dsatx with a microatx mobo. everything boots up and works great exept once in a while when i turn my car off the dsatx wont power down. it just stays on. the red led is giving me a 1 blink code. this only happens once in a while and last week my car battery died cuz of this problem.

thanks
    danny

yo jeff help me out here

Comment

Originally posted by killa996 View Post
      yo jeff help me out here
      Is it possible you did something weird with the wiring?

The CountDown state (flash once) exits if ACC is low or VIN voltage is too low.

Can you send a picture of your setup and wiring? Have you tweaked any values?
      MPEGBOX - Plexiglass Computer
      www.mpegbox.com

Comment

the weird thing is that it has been working great for the last couple of months. this just started happened i have not tweaked anything i dont even have a brainstem. ill take some pics of my setup later tonight. i connected the acc to the same wire that my head unit gets its acc from.

Comment

hey jeff waht should i be checking with my wiring? could it be a dying battery?

Comment

tttttttttttt

Comment

hey im still having this problem. has anyone else got a one blink code from the led???

Comment

now every time i turn my car off it does the one led bling. it used to do it sometimes now its doing it all the time.

Comment

mine does this too, if you have a brainstem, you can watch it do the force-off counter thingy go all the way to 0, and 2hours later it is still running, still "shutting down" ... i'm thinking of just getting an opus, or other more reliable psu ... maybee i should get a SDC for my DSATX .... seems kinda silly tho
                  95 Mazda Protege LX
                  Worklog
                  Overall [Project Dead] 0%

2003 Nissan Altima
                  [XXXXXXXX--] 80% Planning
                  [XX--------] 20% FABRICATION/INSTALLATION

Worklog

Comment

yea thats why i dished out 200 for the dsatx cuz i thought it would be the most reliable psu available. i still havent lost hope. i just need to talk to jeff to see what he can do for me.

Comment

My DSATX has never exhibited this behavior.
                      As far as reliability, mine is rock friggin' solid. Have you attempted to reset the DSATX to defaults witht he brainstem?
                      Have you attempted to reverse the power switch wire?
                      Have you contacted zootjeff?
                      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

it is the most reliable PSU.. and it does have the best support here.. try to find opus support and you will regret buying it.. wait for jeff to come back to you man. don't jump into conclusions..

a question.. how long did you have it to wait untill outputing a shut down pulse? was it set to shut down imediattely after the ACC was off?

Comment

i never got the shutdown pulse. and yes i had it set up to shud down right after acc was off. im not bashing the dsatx. i think its a great product but i cant figure out why its giving me this problem. i must have tried everything. i even started to think its my cars ignition relay or something like that but i have checked and double checked everything. i talked to jeff and im gonna send it to him so he can check it out.

Comment

on my setup it was 600 seconds after acc cut off. but you could watch the 90 second( i think) timer after the 600 seconds expired count down to 0, where i believe it is suppose to force ably remove power....
                            95 Mazda Protege LX
                            Worklog
                            Overall [Project Dead] 0%

2003 Nissan Altima
                            [XXXXXXXX--] 80% Planning
                            [XX--------] 20% FABRICATION/INSTALLATION

Worklog

Comment

Talking about support, Jeff does a freaking nice job on that. I have my DSATX reflash and sent back to me within a week. I also just received a brand new replacement uSDC from Jeff (also within a week with first class mail) when I bought it used from another member on the board. He didn't ask to pay for fix/replacement, but I opt to paid for postage fee. Find any place that can provide this type of support. Many companies are there to make money, Jeff is there to make a hobby.

As far as the DSATX reliable, if you do it right it will (like any thing else in the world).

How do you have the PSU hook up altogether? Wire size/distance run?
                              Do you have a brainsterm to hook up up for a diagnosis?
                              There is a user manual on the product site that show what are those blinking led mean.
                              2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                              89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                              Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                              RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                              EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Working...
                              X