Coilcraft DELAYS!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coilcraft DELAYS!!!

Over the past 3 months I have tried various tactics to get Coilcraft to issue me with free samples to make the Sproggy Mk2.5 only to find time and time again that they refuse to budge on the "we will be unable to provide the parts at no cost" systematic email response.

I have even been accidently sent a forwarded email from one employee who forgot to deleate certain sections from the Director of Marketing Communications (i shall withold his name) saying my request was "BS!"

What more can I do, I've tried the student approach, the designer approach adn the TRUTH using different members of my families names and addresses!

Basically Im screwed and are starting to consider the purchase of (and I hate to say it) inverter!

Unless someone can come up with a generic part (ie, not manufactured by the one company) inverter it will be.

HELP!!!

Any suggestions or even spares would very, very much be appreciated!

Thanks again.

Odin

Why don't you just pay for the parts? Do you expect to have everything for free in this world? The only thing you're being "screwed" of is the $5 for the T6 transformer and maybe the other inductors if you need them. You can easily obtain all of the parts required for the sproggy supply for the price of an inverter or less.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMatty
      Why don't you just pay for the parts? Do you expect to have everything for free in this world? The only thing you're being "screwed" of is the $5 for the T6 transformer and maybe the other inductors if you need them. You can easily obtain all of the parts required for the sproggy supply for the price of an inverter or less.
      agreed... if you want the parts... buy them. this is the reason that so many times people are denied access to sample parts for legitimate projects. if you bombard them with requests for stuff, of course they are going to shoot your request down.

think of it from their point of view... if you had some people emailing you constantly asking for the same free stuff, wouldnt you get a little annoyed. it IS a business for them and they have to make money to keep their jobs. sending out free parts is a way for them to give to people that work to design commercial products that will, ideally, someday be marketed to the masses. then the supply company makes their money...

the parts are cheap, get them from a coilcraft reseller. not direct from coilcraft.

~Mike
      Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
      PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
      2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

Comment

hahaha...
        easy for you guys from america, australia, uk, ...
        the local reseller said to me that they could sell me 10.000 pieces!?! wtf?
        I've checked in 8 different shops and I've got less than half of the parts for the sproggy. They can order some of the parts (farnell, maxim, ...) but they said its going to cost me a lot if they are ordering the parts just for me.
        ---

Status: I still need to get some money to buy the inverter.

Comment

I really don't mind paying for the Coilcraft parts. The problem is that they want to charge me $35 AUSTRALIAN dollars for 3 parts that are worth nothing close to that. If it was $15 no worries, but $35 for delivery and thats from Melbourne through Coilcrafts Australian distributer. I'd hate to think what Coilcraft America would charge!!!

It kinda defeats the word 'free'. I fully agree that they are indeed a business, but charging $35 for what they say is for p&p is ridiculous. It's just their way of telling us to GET F>>>Ked in not so many words.

As for the inverter, over here I can purchase a new 130W inverter for $130. To order all the parts required for the Mk2.5 from farnell $60, Coilcraft $35, then there is extras like heatsinks and compound, the production of the PCB and time required. All ads up to the same as an inverter. Also an inverter would come in handy for a few other things.

Odin

Comment

Ok then fellas...I have here in my possession...a 140W sustained, 400W max Radio Shack inverter. It is very high quality...with little to no noise when I used it in my system, and it has a low voltage shutdown which will save your battery if you happen to leave it running. I'll ask $50 for it. I cut off the cigarette lighter plug though because I had it hardwired to my battery with a relay. If you want a 10A relay also, I'll throw it in for $55 plus shipping. Any takers?

Comment

I'll take it if your situated in Australia, otherwise shipping will put the cost out of my reach.

Comment

Oh yeah jure1873 what do you mean about it being expensive to order parts for the Sproggy?

Why not order the parts direct from Farnell??? Someone told me they have branches in many many places, Australia included which helps me greatly! Som of their parts are expensive though, I've saved my order but Im not putting it through untill I get the HARDER to find parts from Coilcraft ect.

Comment

While I can understand the argument against "taking advantage" of a company's free samples policy, I believe that if a company offers free samples, they have to assume that some of their free samples will be used by people who have absolutely no intention of purchasing more. They set themselves up for it, but they knew it would happen. In this case, Coilcraft is just limiting those parts to compensate for a higher-than-average amount of abuse.

That aside...

My suggestion is to do a little research. There are some parts which provide the same function, with similar part numbers, which work with very little modification to the Sproggy design... and are given away free by the company without issue.

Brian

Comment

Why go through so much of pain.?

Why the hell do you guys wanna go through so much of pain..??

I am selling the sproggy semi kits of the shelf for 35$ shipping included .. see the for sale for details

and regarding the parts which are not included as the T6 and the inductors .. you can obtain them from these company they ask less questions and also give samples ( i dont encourge it)

www.renco.com

www.wilco.com

for the part number search the forum for the word "renco"

and you will have the part# i have posted it before just dont know where .. so do the search you will find it

Want any more help just ask

Mastero

Comment

One thing I noticed too is Coilcraft charges and handeling fee for orders under $100. I think the best option would be someone whith the $ to buy a bunch ans sell them at a small profit to pay for their time, or a group purchase. Possibly someone who works for the post office/shipping company/ compainis shipping department who will be familiar with shipping methods / prices etc.

Comment

Mastero do those companies you listed need to be contacted by phone or email for quotes on the the T6 transformer and inductors? On their website it looks like they have little or nothing to do with those types of products.

Comment

Why dont you ask anyone of the members here? I'm certain that there is a lot of decent guys that would like to help

so where you from, and who lives in any country that have a decent shipping from the sellers?

pm eachother
                          -
                          My cars
                          -

Comment

the renco is not listed as a T6 on there page... the part number has been listed here several times. i know i have put it up a couple times. there is a modification that has to be done to the renco transformer...

the wilco number has also been listed a couple times, but i didnt get my inductors from them...i got mine from delevan

search up and u will find what you need.

~Mike
                            Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
                            PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
                            2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

Comment

Working...
                            X