vaio power by key?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vaio power by key?

is there anyway i can make a sony vaio power by pressing a keyboard button? or any devices i can simply plug in and play without taking apart the laptop?

Unless the Vaio has this finctionaility built into the BIOS, I highly doubt you'll be able to achieve this.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

I have network boot option. Anything i can do with that?

Comment

Yeah. You can boot from an OS installed on a network....
        That won't do you much good in the car, though.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

you need a wakeup of some sort. you might be able to do something from standby. You should get a week or two standby from a laptop.

CdR
          Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

here is what i am doing, i got a dc car kit for my laptop, i ran + and - from batteryi want to hook up the car kit stright from battery. i dont want to keep my battery all the time in the laptop, its going to kill the battery.

Comment

still no solution... i have a dock, network boot option. and thats it.

Comment

This is a little bit old - but it sounds like what you actually want to do is run power to your laptop car kit from a switched source (only hot when the key is turned on). Set your laptop to shut down when the battery is at 50%.

In theory I think this would power the car kit when you turn the key on (as if your laptop was plugged into the wall). When you turn the key off, the laptop switches to battery power until the battery drains to 50% (or whatever you pick), and shuts itself down (or maybe goes into standby mode?). If you're making a quick stop, your laptop would still be on when you get back in the car, if you're leaving it overnight or something, it would go ahead and shut itself down. Since you're only powering the car kit from a switched source, you shouldn't run any risk of draining your battery.

Disclaimer: I don't have a CarPC and have yet to make one - this is just something I was thinking of trying in the near future. It's entirely possible someone else could chime in and tell me I'm an idiot.

Comment

Working...
                X