No announcement yet.

Newbie Needs Help

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Needs Help

OK, hello guys.

Well... here I am ready to embark on the wonderful journey that is to build a MP3Car....

It's pretty easy for me to get all the parts I need here in Malaysia... except for one LITTLE thing....

I'm not exactly sure what are the specific specifications for a power inverter which I'd want to get? Can anyone give me an idea of what to look for? Also I'll need to.. errrr... install a noise reduction circuit or something???

The power is the only thing I haven't figured out yet... I'm computer savy... not car savy...

so some pointers please?

the easiest is to get a ready made power supply like the PC Power And Supply 12V input one
    I don't need no stinkin' startup-shutdown controller... That's what journalized filesystems are for...
    NavSys, the ultimate navigation app

sorry.. won't be able to do that here... will have to go with finding an inverter and do any necessary mods...

• #4 from Malaysia too. Me and few others are in the process of setting up our systems. Drop me a PM and i think i can help you out.

by the way...where in malaysia are you?

Sproggy Mk2.8 & shutdown controller
        Via C3 800 mini-Itx 256mb Ram, 15G notebook HDD

Life is like a Proton. You never know what you will get, but sooner or later, something will go wrong coz its a Proton!