No announcement yet.

Accessory Power Supply

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessory Power Supply

I'm in the process of installing a notebook for use as a carpc, and it is being powered by an auto/air power adapter. That all works great. In order to add a few goodies (GPS Receiver, bluetooth, etc) I want to put a powered USB hub in, and I also want to put a slimline DVD drive in the dash.

I'm searching for suggestions on a power supply I could put in the dash basically to power those two items. The notebook is installed behind the back seat. I certainly want to get a power supply that is sufficient to do the job and has some room to grow, but I also don't want to go overboard; it's not going to power the whole system, just a couple accessories. Thanks for any input!

Here are a couple options:
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Perfect. I was just looking at the OPUS 15 watt and it seems to be just what I'm looking for. I just need to find a nice little enclosure of some kind to mount it in and I'll be in business. Thanks!

hit up a Frys or a Radio Shack and look for a project box. Should be the solution you're looking for for something to mount the 15 in.
        Jan Bennett
        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!