Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can two USB hubs be powered off of one Molex connector?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can two USB hubs be powered off of one Molex connector?

Hi All,
    The focus of the question is around physical wiring...I believe I don't draw enough on either hub to go beyond the +5v 3amp limit, but I'm wondering if there's anything bad that would / could happen if I tap the +5v line on the Molex twice, once to each hub..like current flowing in some bad way. I'm 'dangerous' as I don't have an electronics background but have hacked my way around quite a bit without killing myself yet ;-) This is probably pretty basic question, I just don't know.

TIA,
    Per

Originally posted by S4Per View Post
    Hi All,
    The focus of the question is around physical wiring...I believe I don't draw enough on either hub to go beyond the +5v 3amp limit, but I'm wondering if there's anything bad that would / could happen if I tap the +5v line on the Molex twice, once to each hub..like current flowing in some bad way. I'm 'dangerous' as I don't have an electronics background but have hacked my way around quite a bit without killing myself yet ;-) This is probably pretty basic question, I just don't know.

TIA,
    Per
    Nope, no problem, assuming the wiring is thick enough to handle the amperage, which should not be an issue.

Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

thank you sir!

Comment

Working...
      X