Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have a P1900.. needs have changed... can I get 12v primary out of it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have a P1900.. needs have changed... can I get 12v primary out of it?

I have a P1900 that I was using with an Acer Aspire Revo. PSU works great.. Revo does not (well, not it cold weather). I have a Giada MI-ION mobo that wants 12v in. Is there any way I can get there with the P1900?

I don't really want to have to buy a new PSU if at all possible. Tried reducing the voltage at the output with a voltage divider --which makes my DMM see 12v at the output leads. System won't power up. If I measure the power at the DC IN connector on the mobo, I'm only reading 3.6v.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

LJS

no way to do it easily:
    "Jumper selectable main output of +18/+19/+20V"

depending on the power needs, you could use a voltage regulator to keep it at 12v.(most have a max output of 2A)
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

Sorry to cut in off topic, but how do you like your Giada board?

I'm looking at getting the same one, I like it's low profile.

Comment

So far so good. Boots at low temperatures, pretty zippy, ION GPU rocks. Now we just need to see how long it holds together. The manual is pretty sparse, I called Giada's office in San Francisco with a couple of questions and actually spoke to a person within minutes.

I bought the 2140 PSU, btw..

Comment

Glad to hear, there is very little info on them.
          Just curious, what questions did you have?

Comment

NewEggs's description of the board says it has a VGA port, it doesn't anymore, but there's a breakout cable for a serial port that I mistook for possibly being VGA support.

Also the manual doesn't explicitly state what the power input for the board wants (It's 12v).

Comment

Huh, I think I might be looking at a different model, or later revision.
              http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813176002

Comment

It's the same board -- maybe newegg updated it (I did chat with a rep asking the same questions and they deferred me to the manufacturer).

Comment

Originally posted by LJSeinfeld View Post
                  I bought the 2140 PSU, btw..

back on topic

if you have the 2140, the product listing on mp3car's store states that the 3 jumper-selectable outputs are 12v, 18.5v, and 20v.. so it would work.
                  My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
                  "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
                  carpc undecided

Comment

Working...
                  X