PSUMoni, P2140 and Windows 7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSUMoni, P2140 and Windows 7

Does anyone have this installed so it works?

I have firmware 1.8.3 installed and PSUMoni v1.8.3, tried installing with the compability mode and all and for some reason it always says that the USB is not connected.

Windows 7 32bit

Please help.

Thank you!
    2005 Majestic Blue Nissan Altima | 7" xenarc | P4 2.0 | M2-ATX | Holux GPS | Bluetooth | Wifi | Road Runner |

I had the same issue and ended up going back to XP. I am hoping they come out with a windows 7 version so i can upgrade
    2009 Volkswagon Tiguan
    Custom Built Carpc, Only way to go

Comment

Here's another vote for windows 7. I need windows 7 64 bit drivers, etc. Intel mac OS X would also be OK, as I'm actually using it for a mac mini anyway.

Comment

Try this everyone that get the message "USB not connected" on Windows 7

1. In the device manager, right-click on psumoni 2140 device.
        2. choose properties
        3. choose the power managment tab
        4. only the "allow this device to wake up the computer" should be selected

Good luck!
        /Bruno

www.shutterspeed.se

Comment

Has anyone tried Bruno's suggestion?

Comment

It's odd they can't be bothered with supporting Win 7. It has advantages for a multi-processor car pc that don't exist in XP. Buying XP just to get this little piece of software to work is a waste.

Comment

go to this thread:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/cnx-...ml#post1389917

This is the app/drivers I use in my Win7 setup, it also includes drivers for X64. You can also run PSUnomi from the app.
              TruckPC - gutted, being used for test setup
              BoatPC - All in 1 in cuddy, N7 using VNC on dash, RR
              BlazerPC - Nexus 7 with Timur's USBROM

Comment

does this work on win 7 home premium? or do i have to upgrade to ultimate?
                i'm using 64 bit and it wont launch PSUmoni at all , keeps saying PSUmoni has stopped working when i try to launch.

Comment

my post above solved my problems on my Win7 home premium install.
                  TruckPC - gutted, being used for test setup
                  BoatPC - All in 1 in cuddy, N7 using VNC on dash, RR
                  BlazerPC - Nexus 7 with Timur's USBROM

Comment

Originally posted by DaveDog View Post
                    my post above solved my problems on my Win7 home premium install.
                    Have you tried it on x64?
                    1999 Mercury Grand Marquis GS with: ASRock E350M1 w/4GB RAM, 80GB Intel SSD, Opus DCX3.120, Visteon HD Radio + HDR-USB, PL-18N wifi, OBDLink Scan Tool, BTA6210 BT, BU-353, Win 7 Ultimate, CF 4.0, Alpine MRP-F240 + MRP-T220, RF Punch 1572s, Kicker 8" Comp.

Comment

ditto that
                      DaveDog, have you tried it on a x64?

I was able to install the program you mentioned, however, I'm still unable to simply launch PSUmoni.
                      'PSUmoni has stopped working' is the error I keep getting running on Win 7 home premium 64 bit

Comment

Originally posted by MachinasDei View Post
                        ditto that
                        DaveDog, have you tried it on a x64?

I was able to install the program you mentioned, however, I'm still unable to simply launch PSUmoni.
                        'PSUmoni has stopped working' is the error I keep getting running on Win 7 home premium 64 bit
                        Didn't you just post over at CF that Carnetix is going to release a new beta for all Win 7 operating systems, and that all Carnetix Windows 7 drivers are experimental?
                        1999 Mercury Grand Marquis GS with: ASRock E350M1 w/4GB RAM, 80GB Intel SSD, Opus DCX3.120, Visteon HD Radio + HDR-USB, PL-18N wifi, OBDLink Scan Tool, BTA6210 BT, BU-353, Win 7 Ultimate, CF 4.0, Alpine MRP-F240 + MRP-T220, RF Punch 1572s, Kicker 8" Comp.

Comment

Originally posted by kegobeer View Post
                          Didn't you just post over at CF that Carnetix is going to release a new beta for all Win 7 operating systems, and that all Carnetix Windows 7 drivers are experimental?
                          yep, but if people are already running PSUmoni on windows 7, it SHOULD work.
                          that seen and said, it should work am I right?

Comment

I haven't seen any posts on people with x64 getting it to work. Only x86 installs have it working. So if you switch to x86, I guess it will work.

Comment

Originally posted by kegobeer View Post
                              I haven't seen any posts on people with x64 getting it to work. Only x86 installs have it working. So if you switch to x86, I guess it will work.
                              yeah you are correct about that, thats why im posting about wanting to get 64 bit to work.

i'm considering changing to 32 now...

but i have a bit of promise after a little experimentation, using davedog's post and download (for x64)
                              it seems to control the p2140 and you toggle some settings when the usb is connected....-this works even when PSUmoni fails.

so i can sucessfully test it with my ignition switch and send it to standby and it brings it back up.
                              now i just have to figure out how to set win 7 to hibernate and come back.

Comment

Working...
                              X