X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Voltage Question

I picked up the P2140 and it has
    "Jumper selectable main output of +12V/+18.5V/+20V"
    My PC came with a power adapter putting out 19V, so I know I want to emulate the output of the OEM AC adapter, but is it better to go -0.5v or +1.0v on voltage?

It does say on the Carnetix website that it is well-suited for 19v systems, but I know setting the wrong voltage can be a problem.

Thanks, in advance, for the help, guys.

I've used both before without issues, but lately I've been using the +20v
    TruckPC - gutted, being used for test setup
    BoatPC - All in 1 in cuddy, N7 using VNC on dash, RR
    BlazerPC - Nexus 7 with Timur's USBROM

Comment

I also have a 19V system, though I'm not using Carnetix - I have a DCDC-USB. I think either will work just fine, primarily because the system still converts the input 19V to 12V, 5V, 3.3V and 1.3V - those voltages are all needed for computers and peripherals. In other words, there's another voltage regulator in your computer (it's probably a nettop or similar, right?) and I don't think that regulator cares that much if the input is within +/- 1V.
      ------------------------------------------------------------
      My Project: All-in-one Double Din Unit

Comment

Awesome! Thank you, the further separation of differing voltages didn't even occur to me. That makes sense.

Yes, the computer I'm using is a Zotac ZBOX, with 6 USB ports.

I'll use the 20v setting for the pc and 12v for the monitor. It really feels like this psu was created for this exact setup.

-Zack
        via Droid Charge

Comment

Working...
        X