P2140 seems dead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P2140 seems dead

I was going to post this on the CarNetix Support Forums but they are currently down doing software upgrades....

I just hooked up my P2140 power supply for the first time (bought here through the MP3car store) in my car and had it running just fine. I came back later that day and now it has no power or anything. No blinking lights, no output power, I can't even connect to it through USB with PSUmoni. I've checked and double checked all my connections and they are all good. I have checked the onboard 15 amp fuse and it is good. Has anyone had this problem before?

I think it's dead, but before I do anything I'd try and ask here first to see if anyone had any ideas or advice on what to check...

Thanks,
    Dan
    1997 Corvette

Start measuring voltage, specifically at the 12v line.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

I have 12.29V DC on the input line. I have 12.29V DC on each side of the fuse. The fuse is good. I have no lights, no 12v output, no fan running, nothing. I have hooked up the ACC wire and still nothing. I should be able to connect to it with PSUnomi with no power to it, correct?
      1997 Corvette

Comment

Did you get this fixed?

(Starting to worry about all the P2140 threads with no solutions, and no help. Maybe I don't want to go with it...)
        Zotac H55-ITX w/ 802.11n WiFi, i3-550/3.20GHz, 8GB DDR3 1333MHz, 120G Intel SSD, P2140,
        7" pseudo-transflective resistive TS, Win7-64, Centrafuse 4.3, Elmscan Compact 6, BU-353, Rear camera, Trailer camera

Comment

Originally posted by Zephrant View Post
          Did you get this fixed?

(Starting to worry about all the P2140 threads with no solutions, and no help. Maybe I don't want to go with it...)
          I ended up sending it back to the MP3car.com store. They tested it and it was apperently defective so they are sending me another one. So hopefully soon I can get my system going...
          1997 Corvette

Comment

Did I Kill My 2140 ?

if the jumpers to set config were mistakenly inserted vertical vs horizontal - would that kill a 2140 ?
            I was setting mine up and seeing the LED, getting output voltage, etc, and the switched to new config and may have screwed up jumpers and then turned it on .
            Now I cannot get the LED to light, etc - cannot connect through the USB with PSUnomi software.

Ideas ?

Comment

Working...
            X