No announcement yet.

M2-atx powers mobo when gets unswitched power

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M2-atx powers mobo when gets unswitched power

My m2-atx switches on the motherboard immediately when i give it unswitched juice, even if the J2 is disconnected from M2-ATX altogether. Does this in both the bench testing and in the car.

Is the m2-atx dead?

J1 is connected straight to the battery.
    j2 is connected to the ACC wire from the OEM harness - verified that it's switched.
    J3 is connected to GRND from the OEM harness.

for testing purposes, i've tried it without J2 - still turns on the motherboard.
    then i tried putting the unswitched juice to J2 only - nothing

Is the M2 in dumb mode?
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Yeah...check your j10 jumper setting. You may be in P0 mode (dumb mode) with no jumpers.

Originally posted by M2-ATX manual
      P0: In this mode, the M2-ATX behaves like a regular ATX power supply. If J6 is connected to the motherboard, M2-ATX will also send a gratuitous "ON pulse" to the motherboard right after power is first applied. If IGNITION is connected to the battery, the unit will shut down if battery is < 11.2V. This is to protect the battery from over-discharging. If Ignition is not hooked up, M2-ATX will operate from as low as 6V. For more information, please consult the "UPS mode" documentation on the product page.

M2 in dumb mode

so if there are not jumpers, then it's supposed to work like that?

should i use the recommended (P1, i think) for it to work like a true controller? that is to turn the MB on only when IGN is present?

apparently it was I who was in the "dumb" mode.

hope to come out of it soon.

thanks guys.