Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting M-2 in car

Hello,

I am trying to install original xbox with m-2 power supply. I have two questions. First one is " do I need to connect m-2 directly to car battery?" I think I have three options:

(1) I can use cigarette lgihter
    (2) I can use fuse tap from the fuse box
    (3) connect directly to car battery

Which one do you recommend? My second question is if I choose either option (2) or (3), how do I find accessory wire? I have never done it so your help is highly appreciated.

Jay

#3, definitely.

Don't forget to fuse your power line close to the battery!

As far as an ACC line, you can check sources that have wiring diagrams. http://the12volt.com is one.
    There is usually an ACC line running to your radio harness or possibly cigarette lighters or a clock.
    Think about devices in your car that are only on when your ignition is on....
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Thanks for your answer. It makes a lot of sense. I truly appreciate your answers.

Comment

for the acc line, i would also recommend testing the wire with a volt meter for proper functionality before trying to power any devices.

when i wired my alarm system, i found 3 different wire color code charts, and there were inconsistencies between all 3.
        My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
        "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
        carpc undecided

Comment

That is a great suggestion. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X