Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bench test m-2/xbox

Hello,

I am trying to install xbox in my car using m-2. Before I install it in my car, I would like to hook it up to 12 volt power supply at home so that I can test my xbox. I am trying to use recommended jumper setting by m-2. How can I simulate turning on accessory wire? Should I connect both (+) wire and accessory wire to (+) tap on the 12 volt power supply? If I connect M-2's "motherboard power on" wire to power button on xbox, then will xbox automatically turn on? Remember I want to do this at home with a 12 volt power supply before I hook these wires to battery. Thanks so much for your help in advance!

Jay

Yes, if you want the key "On" put the acc and 12v wires together on a 12v source.

Comment

hmm, i don't believe this will work-- the last thread i looked at stated that the xbox 360 required 16.5 amps of power on the 12v rail, and about 0.5 amps on the 5v rail.

the only dc-dc option that puts out that much power is the Opus 360, and that puts out 15 amps continuous, so you would even be over stressing that power supply as well...

link: http://www.overclock.net/other-hardw...c-psu-56k.html
      My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
      "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
      carpc undecided

Comment

Hicotton02, thanks for the prompt response. If I don't want to connect motherboard on wire to the xbox power button, will my xbox be on as soon as I connect both + and acc line to (+) side of power supply? Soundman98, I am sorry. Mine is not xbox360. It is xbox. Thanks for the information though.

Comment

Working...
        X