M2 ATX Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M2 ATX Problem

Just got My M2 ATX connected it all up as per manual powered it up and the board doesnt post. The power light comes on CPU fan runs and the hard drive spins up but the VGA doesnt start and I dont get the system beep. Put the mains supply back on and it boots fine. Disconected all drives so it is just the motherboard being powered and it still doesnt boot. Tried it on different settings including dumb supply, same result. Board is VIA 1300sp.
    Any Ideas or duff power supply?

Mark

Should also add that its powered via a 40A desktop power supply, tried running it at voltages between 12v and 14v it is drawing 2A at 14v
    Visit my site V8 Scimitar

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

I, and many others have the same issue with M1-ATX as well, and there are many posts on this. In my case, if it does not boot like you have described, I hit the reset button several times (4 or 5 times in 2 seconds) and then it boots up fine. The problem seems to be intermittent and probably has to do with the M1 or M2 giving the boot signal to the mobo before it has had the chance to fully power the rails.

Since not everyone has this problem, chances are if you replace the unit it will fix the issue. If you do replace it please post the results with the new M2 here.
    Compaq Evo D510 e-PC - P4 2.0 - 512M RAM - 120G 3.5 HD - 7" Xenarc 700TSV - DSATX fitted nicely inside the PC case

Comment

will give this a go tonight, I have tried manually starting the board but not repetedly. I am waiting on a responce from the manufacturer so I will post the reply when I get it. Unfortunately I got it shiped in from the states and I dont have time to wait the 4 weeks it takes to ship mine back and get a replacement. Looks like if its a bad board I will be buying an opus localy :-(

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

Comment

I do got the same problem with my M2-ATX and SP1300.
        My supplier Cartft.com has gíve me an RMA and I have sent it back.
        Will write when I ge there opinion.

Daniel
        Sweden

Comment

is this with mini-itx only or does this happen to regular systems like an amdpc?

Comment

Originally posted by Osires
            is this with mini-itx only or does this happen to regular systems like an amdpc?
            I have the same problem above but is on an amd athlon system, sent message to mini-box and there are going to replace it with what they say is a modified version for softer 5v rail startup. will advise when i get the new one

Comment

hm that worries me.. ordered mine from cartft a couple of days ago.. hope mine works stable.. or else i have pain RMA to do...

Comment

hm that worries me.. ordered mine from cartft a couple of days ago.. hope mine works stable.. or else i have pain RMA to do...
                Please tell me when you got it, and say if it works.

// Daniel

Comment

Dsatx Rules

after getting extremely frustrated with the m1atx and m2atx I finally ordered the DSATX and it is working flawlessly. Used same wiring that was attached to the M2 so the problem was definetely in the M2. If you have the money I would suggest getting the DSATX, also allows you to adjust shutdown time from 0-20 minutes unlike the M1 or M2 I set mine on 6min so if I go in the store for gas or smokes I dont have to reboot.

My only regret is that I didnt get the DSATX from the beggining.

Comment

i finally got around to testing the M2-ATX on my SP13000 with same issues above. system works fine with the standard morex dc-dc psu, but will not POST with the M2-ATX. led's and fans power up, but system does not post. no video either.

i hope we get free fixes for this product.

i am curious, no one who had the test units had these issues?
                    RED 1999 ACURA INTEGRA GSR STOLEN -- CHICAGO 02/27/08
                    VIN JH4DC2391XS002416
                    PLATE ILLINOIS 5287412
                    Team Integra Markings on Rear Quarterpanel Windows
                    REPORT TO 911 IF FOUND

Comment

EPIA-SP1300 is a bit fussy at startup.

On the M2-ATX, changing R4 to a 80-120K (currently 47K) will soften the 5V rampup.

R4 is a small STM resistor, next to the ATX connector.

Future versions of M2-ATX will have the change in place.

-Andrei

Originally posted by cell21633
                      i finally got around to testing the M2-ATX on my SP13000 with same issues above. system works fine with the standard morex dc-dc psu, but will not POST with the M2-ATX. led's and fans power up, but system does not post. no video either.

i hope we get free fixes for this product.

i am curious, no one who had the test units had these issues?

Comment

How can i see if i've ordered the one with the better resistor? because i dont want a M2-ATX sitting at home and its not working.. i havent got my M2-ATX yet and i've ordered from cartft.com, they havent shipped it yet.

Comment

How can i see if i've ordered the one with the better resistor?
                          I have the same question too. I am going to order the M2 along with the SP13000 in a couple of days. want to make sure it is all fine, as it will be internationally shipped, and returning stuff back for exchanges or repair is a killer.

Final Touches

Car: 2002 Mitsubishi Magna EI
                          CarPC: SP13000, M2-ATX, 512 MB RAM, 120 GB 2.5" HD, X-Fi Sound Card, Xenarc 700TSV, Garmin 18 USB.
                          Audio: 2X15" Rockford Punch Z, 1 Rockford Punch 2-ch Amp, 1 Soundstream Lil Wonder II 4-ch Amp

Comment

Just a small update from me on this. I was told on friday that I am supposed to be getting a modified PS sent to me. I was going to ask andrewb if I could swap out this resitor to save all the international hassle but having just found it on the board the answer is no lol. I can only hope it doesnt take 2 weeks to come as its already been 4 weeks since I bought the first one.

Comment

I wonder if that's whats wrong with mine.. I have it hooked up indoors to an ATX PSU to do some testing and the board isn't booting up. I have the RED and WHITE wires going to 12V rails and the ground going to ground. My LAN led lights up but my board never boots..
                              Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

Comment

Working...
                              X