M4-ATX battery drain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4-ATX battery drain

I have been doing some reading and have seen others state that even if the M4 is turned off it can drain your battery if a few days if not being driven. I do have a battery maintainer to put on my battery for when I store it so I can have it on there to maintain the battery but is there another way to wire up the M4 so when the car is turned off to stop the drain of power because of the M4. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/295097
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/715239

Two Ways...

1. Pull the fuse. That is what I currently do.

2. Wire a relay to switch power on and off to M4. This is what I am in the process of doing (fuse is under the hood).
    For those who fought FREEDOM has a flavor the PROTECTED will never know. Support our troops.

Comment

I pull the fuses too, over the winter when the PC isn't in the car...
      Make sure your using HARD_OFF option in the settings though too!

Comment

Hey,

I'm lookin at buying an M4-ATX. Are you guys saying that when you turn ur car off, and the computer shuts down that the M4 is still draining power from the battery?

are there plans to fix this issue or do we have to come up with a solution on our own (as stated above)?
        New Project in the Works

Previous Worklog here

Comment

Depending on the jumper (hard_off/suspend) settings, it shouldn't draw anything strong enough to drain a car battery...

Comment

ohh were the posts above referring to storing the car for some time then?
            New Project in the Works

Previous Worklog here

Comment

My car was doing this...turned out it was the freezing weather and a bad (old) battery...
              Replaced the battery and all is fine again.
              I can't vouch for the OP battery condition or PSU settings...

Comment

Originally posted by WuNgUn View Post
                My car was doing this...turned out it was the freezing weather and a bad (old) battery...
                Replaced the battery and all is fine again.
                I can't vouch for the OP battery condition or PSU settings...
                I ended up getting a Coleman 5 Watt Solar Panel, and installed it on the
                rear deck and wired it in, seams to work good

Comment

^Is your window tinted? If so, how well does the solar panel work behind tint?

Comment

Originally posted by nobb View Post
                    I assume that depends on the tint...if it's 40% tint, your losing (upwards) of 60% of available light...

Comment

Originally posted by nobb View Post
                      Na its just night time, with a flash inside the cab

Comment

Working...
                      X