Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M4-ATX Power Switch Problems!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • M4-ATX Power Switch Problems!

    I have a M4-ATX that i just hooked up and i cannot get it to power the computer on. I have tried all different dip switch settings and my last test i set all dip switches to OFF and and connected an external power switch. This even didnt get the computer to power on. Any advice?
    Thanks
    Mike

    Also if someone could explain the dip switch settings that would be great because the manual is not very clear.

  • #3
    Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
    Make sure the lead to the motherboard header to do the power is the right way round
    I connected a separate power switch and it still didn't work.....

    Thanks again for your help.
    Mike

    Comment


    • #4
      I'm pretty certain the DIP switch settings and functionality is outlined in the manual.


      Either way, you haven't given us any information that is ueful in troubleshooting your problem.
      How is it wired to the vehicle's electrical system?

      Have you verified the voltages on the power & ignition line with a multimeter? With the ignition off and with the ignition on?

      Do you have all the power-related motherboard connections, including the 4-pin 12v power connector plugged in securely?

      Does the PC boot up if you use an ATX power supply from a desktop computer inside your home?

      Help us help you.
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?



      Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

      Comment


      • #5
        Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
        I'm pretty certain the DIP switch settings and functionality is outlined in the manual.


        Either way, you haven't given us any information that is ueful in troubleshooting your problem.
        How is it wired to the vehicle's electrical system?

        Have you verified the voltages on the power & ignition line with a multimeter? With the ignition off and with the ignition on?

        Do you have all the power-related motherboard connections, including the 4-pin 12v power connector plugged in securely?

        Does the PC boot up if you use an ATX power supply from a desktop computer inside your home?

        Help us help you.
        Im sorry for the lack of information. I have tested everything with the multimeter and i get perfect voltage on the vcc and ground....When i turn the car on i get 12v on the ignition. So that part is fine. The connections on the mobo are also good and the computer does work with an atx PSU. The manual is not clear on the dip switches... There are 4 on the board and the manual covers 1-3 but then it says p1,p2,p3 etc. Also, a light is blinking on the board two fast lights randomly.
        Thanks For all of your help
        Mike
        <Don't post your phone number on an open forum>

        Feel free to PM me!

        Comment


        • #6
          any update to this?
          i am in the very same situation.
          i put in a request to get an rma.
          trinybwoy

          2006 Mazda6 Carpc

          2008 Acura TSX Nexus 7

          Comment


          • #7
            Originally posted by mk9027866 View Post
            Im sorry for the lack of information. I have tested everything with the multimeter and i get perfect voltage on the vcc and ground....When i turn the car on i get 12v on the ignition. So that part is fine. The connections on the mobo are also good and the computer does work with an atx PSU. The manual is not clear on the dip switches... There are 4 on the board and the manual covers 1-3 but then it says p1,p2,p3 etc. Also, a light is blinking on the board two fast lights randomly.
            Thanks For all of your help
            Mike
            <Don't post your phone number on an open forum>

            Feel free to PM me!
            Originally posted by trinybwoy View Post
            any update to this?
            i am in the very same situation.
            i put in a request to get an rma.
            Did either of you fire up the PC inside your house/apartment/workplace/laboratory to make sure that all the PC components are in working order?

            Also - trinybwoy You need to do the same as was suggested to the OP. Provide some information (preferably in your own thread to avoid confusion) and include your system specs, how everything is wired up.

            Yes, it's possible that both of you have a dead M4. I personally believe the M4 as a product is a lemon, as there are a lot of owners with problems.
            Shoot, I think all of mini-box's products are lemons because of various problems, design flaws, and failures that shouldn't happen.

            But when you're troubleshooting something like this, there are many potential points of failure. In order to track down the source of your problem, we need to know about all those potential points of failure.
            Is it your wiring?
            Is it your battery?
            Is it the power-button turn on lead?
            Is it PC hardware failure?
            Does the PC draw too much power for the PSU?

            Lastly, have either of you attempted to contact the vendor of your M4 for some assistance? I know trinybwoy requested an RMA, but what about troubleshooting with the vendor?
            Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
            How about the Wiki?



            Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

            Comment


            • #8
              hey darquepervert when you vendor, should i contact the maker of PSU or mp3car, who i bought it from?

              in simple terms, Vendor-someone who sells, lol
              trinybwoy

              2006 Mazda6 Carpc

              2008 Acura TSX Nexus 7

              Comment


              • #9
                The vendor is who you purchased the product from.
                Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                How about the Wiki?



                Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

                Comment

                Working...
                X