Zotac ION A w/M4 ATX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zotac ION A w/M4 ATX

I have a bit of a problem, and its my fault for buying the wrong version of the ION. I thought I had specced out the D, not the A. Whoops. So now what I need is a way to get 19 VDC out of an M4 ATX. Am I totally screwed? I realize I probably won't be able to get PSU controlled startup and shutdown now but at least need a solution that will give me functionality. I do not want to use an AC inverter for the external power brick, and am trying to keep additional expenditures to a minimum.

the m4 will only output 12v. You're going to have to replace either the PSU (dont know of any that do 19V) or the mobo.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by tlturner View Post
      I have a bit of a problem, and its my fault for buying the wrong version of the ION. I thought I had specced out the D, not the A. Whoops. So now what I need is a way to get 19 VDC out of an M4 ATX. Am I totally screwed? I realize I probably won't be able to get PSU controlled startup and shutdown now but at least need a solution that will give me functionality. I do not want to use an AC inverter for the external power brick, and am trying to keep additional expenditures to a minimum.
      I allmost did the same blooper myself... You could allways use the A-ION as a media server at home? They are excellent for that kind.
      But all hope is not lost....
      http://www.powerstream.com/ADC-p006.htm
      http://www.powerstream.com/AC-A0407.htm

Comment

Doesn't the "A" come with a PSU already on the board? Pardon my asking, but what do you need the M4 for? Or are you wanting to run a screen off the PSU as well?

Just curious as I was just a handful of clicks away from ordering an "A" before I started checking for info on the onboard psu.

Comment

wow, zotac needs to fact check their site-- according to the site, the ion-a-u needs a 20 pin power supply, and it is included....

i believe that boards like this require a regulated 12 volt input(the included power supply might take 19 though.)
          My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
          "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
          carpc undecided

Comment

It's an external power brick that comes with the Zotac A so the DC/DC converter mentioned earlier or a power inverter would work and now it looks like the M4 won't be doing much besides powering my screen and sending the on/off signal to my amp. Kind of a waste. Worst part is I bought a quantity of 10 to build out our fleet of trucks at work. Too bad we don't have the budget to fix my screwup and get D boards. I get egg on my face but at least I can get them functional.

Comment

If you haven't already purchased the M4's for your project, you should look at a Carnetix P1900 or P2140.
              Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
              How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Working...
              X