No announcement yet.

M4-ATX motherboard on/off pulse problem.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4-ATX motherboard on/off pulse problem.

I used the M4-ATX for a while and I noticed a few problems around the motherboard on/off pulse:
    1. When i try to use the J8 connector to wake up the motherboard, it will takes more than 1 minute to send the "on" signal after the ignition is on. In the manual it says 5 seconds, and the time to send the on signal seems to be random, sometimes very fast, sometimes more than 1 minutes.
    2. I configured my computer in a way that it will hibernate when pressing the power button. As such, if i turn off the ignition, the computer will be automatically be hibernated. It works, but the hibernate process seems not be able to complete. As a result, next time when i turn on the ignition, the computer will hibernate again right after resume. I guess it is because the m4-atx cut the power too fast, such that the computer do not have time to complete the whole hibernate process? (remark: it does not have any problem if i choose the hibernate manually, the issue occur only when the computer being auto hibernate when the i turn off the ignition)

Do anyone of you got the same issue? and how to fix it?

my M2 does the same thing.. i cant figure out if its the mobo or the psu... did you ever get yours working?

I have sent it back to mitxpc for replacement two weeks ago as they said the timing of the motherboard on/off pulse is an issue. But i still didnt get any response from them even though i dropped them a few mails to get the status.

If you have the reboot issue, please check if you are using the on/off pulse jumper together with the usb connection. I noticed that the usb also send a pulse to the computer, which is another bug that i noticed.

maybe its just me im starting to think mitxpc or mini-box or whoever is manufacturing them, lacks Quality Control

some issue comes up regularly with the m1/m2/m4 all the time...

i myself went through 3 DOA m2 atx's before finally getting one that worked.

I agree with you, they do have problems on quality control and post sale service.

I got replacement for my M4ATX a month ago (issue on P1 mode and USB problem)...and then got another issues which needs another replacement. I emailed them to get update and have never received response from them.

For reasons meantioned I set my M2 in dumb mode controlling on-off button and power to PSU with relays. When going into hibernation (or standby) fans stop, and that signal can be used to cut power.

What if you press on-off button manually, MCPC? Will it still not complete hibernation?
            My car installation mp3car thread "showing off project"

if hibernation fails or is cut short, windows should give you some sort of indication that has happen on the next boot.

i have been having some success with turning my ignition to ACC and letting my PC POST and then cranking the engine over. i have only had a few days to test this but so far so good. we'll see how it goes.