M4 Questions and help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4 Questions and help

So im looking at purchasing the M4 for my new carpc that is going in my 05 neon show car, and i have a few questions about wiring it for auto turn on as well as a few other concerns.

1) can the ignition wire be hooked to the remote wire for my amps (with a relay)

2) if i cannot do #1 is there a way to wire it so that i can have it running without starting the ignition.

3) is there anything else i need to purchase to do the above other then the ATX case for it?

1+2.the ignition trigger gets connected/powered just like a amp trigger connection, so yes, there should not be any issues connecting it that way.

3. switches, and power calculations/power adapters to be sure that you can run the required amount of time without starting the motor.
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

Thanks!

im not too worried about how long it will run as i have a ac to DC converter for running my A/V at shows

but does the M4 come with everything i need to hook it up to my computer (other then power and remote wire) to make it turn on and off?

Comment

it should-- it includes the 20-pin atx power cable+ p4 power adapter, and the small power-button jumper cable. though, if i remember right, the usb connection cable is not included, so you either need to make one, or order one separately.
        My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
        "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
        carpc undecided

Comment

where can i order the usb cable? only thing i could find on here is how to build one, and im not that comfortable doing so....

Comment

Here's a link to where you can get it in the MP3Car Store: http://store.mp3car.com/M4_ATX_USB_C..._p/cbl-068.htm

Comment

Working...
            X