M4-ATX gets stuck in a power on/ power off cycle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4-ATX gets stuck in a power on/ power off cycle

Occasionally when I resume from standby my computer tries to resume... it fails and then gets stuck in a power on power off cycle...about every 5 seconds.

For me to clear this I have to to the car off and let it sit for a few seconds and then start again...most times this fixes it...if it doesn't then I have to remove the power from the computer. I have video I will try to post
    -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3phkQ6bmJvo

Try this....first time I tried uploading to youtube

Comment

Bump

Comment

I RMA'd my M4-ATX. Here's to hoping that the new one that comes in has the issue resolved.

Not entirely sure the M4 is the problem although it is suspect at this point. Also on my list of potential root causes is the Aux battery (I will be replacing that as well)

Comment

Got the new M4 in and for good measure I replaced my Aux battery.

Here's to hoping the issue is resolved

Comment

Since it look likes I am on my own with this issue at this point I can only hope that this helps someone experiencing similar issues...

BTW even after replacing the battery (which was on its last leg) and replacing the M4-ATX I still experienced (twice today) the power on power off cycle issue.

I have been in contact with the makers of the M4-ATX and will speak to engineering some time on Thursday to figure out the next step.

In my opinion it is either an issue with the firmware or with the hardware common across all M4-ATXs, issue with my motherboard, or a situation where one of my rails is overloaded

Comment

Today I found an issue with the IGN wire. The solder joint was faulty. I replaced it with a solid connection and ran all day without the issue arising. Still testing though.

Comment

Damn... Had the problem again. It ran for almost two days without issues.

Comment

I did a fresh windows 7 build and it didn't help

Comment

Hello,
                    I've also had the same issue with the M4-atx power supply. I also have an annoying hum that I'm quite sure is due to this psu. There was a thread called "everything you need to know about your m4-atx" somewhere on this forum. In this thread the aforementioned problem was fixed by placing a diode in series with the ignition connection on the psu and a capacitor from the ignition line to ground.

|\ |
                    -----------------------------------------------| \|---------------------------------- IGN on M4-atx
                    | /| |
                    |/ | |
                    Diode ------------ Cap
                    ------------
                    |
                    |
                    ---------- GND
                    ------
                    --

Comment

Well shoot... if thats all it takes i am game.

I have seen that thread and will look it up for more details. Thanks for dropping in and posting (it gets kinda sad when you are the only one posting in your thread... kinda like you being the only one laughing at your own jokes lol)

Comment

So dang... i read the entire thread.....whew

The fix you listed doesn't appear to resolve this issue in this thread however it does address one of my other threads
                        http://www.mp3car.com/m4-atx/147803-...ht-away-6.html

I will be implimenting this soon though.

I only found one instance in all 27 pages that referenced a cycle such as mine (comes on then goes off 5/10 seconds later...repeats) and there didn't seem to be a solid fix.

Comment

My solution to this problem was ditch the M4ATX. I replaced it with my older less powerful opus 150. I was surprised that it could power this board. Anyways it is flawless!

Comment

hey guys i just looked at this thread too i emailed support yesterday and waiting for a response back. i'm having the same issue where it gives a continuous "pulse" to the shutdown/power switch . if u turn on the psu and disconnect the startup wire from pins 6/7 it will stay on but it just stays pulsed. it doesnt let it go i was really frustrated when it kept happening i thought the psu was bad .....again. til then im just either going to use a PAC TR-7 or just use a momentary switch til i find out a fix

Comment

gah, figures i'm not the only one with this issue. I've been tearing my hair out trying to figure out what is wrong with this POS power supply. I guess i'm just going to go back to opus.
                              肚子笑痛了
                              S60 Install

Comment

Working...
                              X