HELP with RV install questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP with RV install questions

This is my first go around with a carputer, and I have run into some problems that I'm tired of throwing money at.
    First of all this is going into a 40 ft bus. I want one main display up front with the audio, navigation, backup camera. and to run 2 kmtronic relay boards to control a lot of the bus functions. Then I want to put a second monitor back in the bedroom to mainly control the kmtronic boards. I bought a 12 volt kiosk computer, have centafuse running, but have been catching 9 kinds of @#$! with a 10.4 Lilliput monitor I bought for the front. I cannot get the touch to work with the drivers, If I uninstall the drivers, and let win 7 install the tablet pc and pen it will work for a while and quit. I have had it with the Lilliput and am going to run it over with the bus and do the world a favor. Terrible graphics anyways. Waiting for a 15" Elo monitor to get here..
    The next problem is I bought a 7" Mimo USB monitor for the bedroom "40 ft run from the pc" and I bought a 50 ft usb cable with a repeater. The Mimo will not run on this cable. My question is has anyone used a usb monitor on a LONG run?? If so what did you use to accomplish this feat?? I have looked at some usb extenders but am getting gun shy about throwing more $$$$ without asking first.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

Hi and welcome to the forum! I have a small RV with a computer and 9" touch up front in the dash that runs my music, am/fm radio, xm radio, GPS app, tire pressure monitoring, parking distance front and rear, rear view camera, phidgets 8 analog in/8digital in-out and then I run another computer in the back for when parked for streaming my slingbox/playing music, surf the net, ect. I run a 3g router with my rocket stick plugged into that and I have a wired connection to both computers as well as wifi for visitors/cell phone/tablets. I have a basic nas box with my music/video files on a hard drive so its on the network for either or both computers. For controlling my relays and reading my sensors I use a phidget 1018 board which also has a web service so that's how I can get the data readings/or control from the front computer via the phidgets web service using the back computer. Good luck and hope this is of some help. SNO

Comment

Off-topic I know, but I want to hear more about the bus. Here's mine:
      HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Holy animated GIF.

Tell me you've driven that car out of the bus while the bus was moving...

Comment

Just tell me the James Bond action theme plays when the door opens!

Comment

Originally posted by bumpas View Post
            The next problem is I bought a 7" Mimo USB monitor for the bedroom "40 ft run from the pc" and I bought a 50 ft usb cable with a repeater. The Mimo will not run on this cable. My question is has anyone used a usb monitor on a LONG run?? If so what did you use to accomplish this feat?? I have looked at some usb extenders but am getting gun shy about throwing more $$$$ without asking first.
            Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!
            I'm assuming the monitor is USB powered??? If so, and if the repeater cable does not have a socket for +5v power at the far end then it's unlikely you will successfully power the Monitor over that distance with the PC USB port as the only source of power. If the Monitor is powered separately then please ignore this post.
            Palm sized ainol MiniPC, 8" Transreflective PRO, Win10, Reverse camera, Dual 10HZ GPS RX's for Speed Display & Sat Nav, FM-DAB & Phone Modules, iDrive interface. T-Screen HVAC control, custom microcontrollers, microcode and FE.

Comment

Working...
            X