The Ultimate Noob Spoonfed Walkthrough

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ultimate Noob Spoonfed Walkthrough

Hi all, I was determined to make my (mostly) finished car pc install my first post, but I ran across this at extremetech, and didn't see it posted here anywhere on the forums, so I thought I should post the link.

I have been ing/lurking on the boards here for about a week, and most of the information I've learned could have been gathered just by reading this article, so I humbly submit this really great beginner's guide

Looks like the link for this article has changed to THIS.

Thanks FusionFanatic

wow. THat was the biggest spoon in the world. Definately should be a giant link on front page that says "noob click here" because it answers almost every question anybody has ever had.
    nGhost - The FREE Frontend for Linux | Graphics Developer
    Linux ICE - The Car PC Distro | Team Member

Comment

Nice link.
      My Work Thread:
      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72552
      Source switcher for Lill
      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...d=1#post841007

Comment

Nice pics of FP and frigor's skin

Thanatos.
        RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
        We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

nice picture of my dash without the courtesy of asking permission

guess I should be flattered, but its still nice to ask.
          My Install

Software:
          CFiG v1
          iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell
          Working shell for a CarPC

StopWatch
          StopWatch plugin remade for centrafuse RC1

Comment

extremely good right up though, wish it was around when i started out.
            My Install

Software:
            CFiG v1
            iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell

StopWatch

Comment

the pc in that s2000 looks hideous. otherwise, good article. Nice find.

Comment

what's a carpc write up without mentioning roadrunner?

Biostar M7NCG 400 ver 7.2 AMD Mobile Athlon 1.1GHz (@ 1GHz), Kingston PC2700 512mb WD 80gig HD Custom Case Opus 150W PS Lilliput 7" TS D-Link DBT-120 BT D-Link DWL-G122 WiFi Holux GR-231 GPS nLited XP Pro iGuidance RoadRunner frontend

Comment

Great link!! Gonna have to look closer at that before building my carpc.
                  If you make something Idiot proof....

The world will make a better Idiot.

CarPC Progresss: Planning [x-------------------]

Comment

That seems like a really good link to inform people new to carpc's.

Comment

Thanks... I am new to this.. that helped a ton!!!
                      Pm me for any Lexan, plexi, or glass needs.

Comment

thx for the positive response guys, I'm glad that link is good and useful

Comment

Originally posted by alti
                          nice picture of my dash without the courtesy of asking permission

guess I should be flattered, but its still nice to ask.
                          fo rill.. i thought that looked familiar.. lol

Not trying to start a copyright debate, but the author definitely should've asked permission, or at least informed out of the use of your pics.
                          Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

This caption appears on some of the diagrams: Photos Courtesy of www.mp3car.com

I couldn't find anywhere in the forum rules, but if they have a clause written somewhere, you may have already consented to use of your pictures once you posted them on this site. However, if that clause was not in place prior to you posting them here, or when mp3car gave extremetech the okie dokie to use them, then by all means contact extreme and tell them to remove your pictures post haste. You are entitled to compensation and acknowledgement of your work. Digital pictures are property of the picture taker, and as such use without permission does constitute a copyright violation. You do not have to put the circle C or use the words copyright blah blah blah on your photos to retain your rights.

I had an issue in the past with picture theft (my pictures, not me boosting them) so I am well aware of the laws surrounding digital media.

Comment

ya, I remember reading something in the forum rules that stated something to the nature of anything posted on the forum becomes the property of the forum, ect ect. I assume that this includes pictures as well (although they are technically posted on my website and there is a image link on the forums, I am the one paying for bandwidth, server space, ect.)

In the end I still think it is a very informative and well put together article, It is kinda flattering that they choose to include a picture of my dash right on the opening page. Which is why I said it would have been nice if they asked, If it were my article I would of asked, and others have asked me in the past. If they were using the image to sell something it would be a completely different story.
                              My Install

Software:
                              CFiG v1
                              iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell

StopWatch

Comment

Working...
                              X