Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diNovo Mini™

Originally posted by xtremewaianae View Post
    look at this bad *** keyboard. looks like the perfect carputer compliment. cant buy it yet in the US. has anyone else seen this first hand yet?

LISTED USD149.99 A bit expensive, but a perfect match is hard to come by...i cant wait!!!

diNOVOmini Product Page
    My highlighted details:
    Convenience and Style
    * Palm-sized mini-keyboard with backlighting: Fits in your hand. Backlighting makes text entry effortless, even in low light.

Control
    * Integrated, dual-purpose ClickPad: Use as a touch pad to point and click – or as a directional pad to navigate menus and make selections.
    * Backlighting: Makes text entry effortless – even in low light. Enjoy two different backlight colors depending on the mode you're in – orange for cursor mode, and green for media control mode.

Performance
    * Rechargeable Li-ion batteries: Last longer – up to one month between charges.
    * Bluetooth® 2.0: Enjoy long-range wireless control from up to 30 feet away.

...Scroll down to post #3 for the original post with pictures---
    ~Jimmy

Originally posted by JimmyFitz View Post
    Dell still has it for $98.59 (+ S&H). I just ordered one.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...322&lid=680413

Got the last one from Dell at that price. They went up $3 and are out till I think June 6th. When I confirmed the order, they went to "out of stock", the price went to $101.98, and then on my order confirmation, it said estimated ship date of June 6th. It came in today, so I am assuming the June 6th date would be delivery of the next shipment.

Must be a really popular keyboard. They are going for near MSRP on E-Bay.
    My opinion is my own.

Comment

diNovo Mini™ (ADDED PICS AND LINK)

look at this bad *** keyboard. looks like the perfect carputer compliment. cant buy it yet in the US. has anyone else seen this first hand yet?

LISTED USD149.99 A bit expensive, but a perfect match is hard to come by...i cant wait!!!

diNOVOmini Product Page
      My highlighted details:
      Convenience and Style
      * Palm-sized mini-keyboard with backlighting: Fits in your hand. Backlighting makes text entry effortless, even in low light.

Control
      * Integrated, dual-purpose ClickPad: Use as a touch pad to point and click – or as a directional pad to navigate menus and make selections.
      * Backlighting: Makes text entry effortless – even in low light. Enjoy two different backlight colors depending on the mode you're in – orange for cursor mode, and green for media control mode.

Performance
      * Rechargeable Li-ion batteries: Last longer – up to one month between charges.
      * Bluetooth® 2.0: Enjoy long-range wireless control from up to 30 feet away.

---- NORMAL OPERATION ----

---- BACKLIT OPERATION ----

---- LID CLOSED ---

Comment

links and pics were added.
        Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

Very nice indeed!
          We are, will have and forever will be...
          But not tommorrow!

Comment

That is awesome, it's about time

Comment

Be careful, Logitech's bluetooth stuff is the buggiest crap I've ever seen.

Comment

Ihave used the BT Logitech DiNovo Keyboard setup on my Media PC fr close to a year now, and no problem

What experience did you have making the statement you did?
                F6 Tornado Project Log ; HP Blackbird Watercooled Server

Beta Tester for Centrafuse and 3dConnexion (No business affiliation with either)

Comment

I have the Dinovo Laser on my desktop and have had all sorts of connection problems with it and from what I'm reading on the tech forums it's not an uncommon problem. I've also had problems updating the software and losing the connections all together during reboots. Rebooting has turned into a 15 minute ordeal of trying to restore connection status on the devices so I can log in and I've resorted to having a spare keyboard and mouse on standby at all times. The general consensus seems to be that Logitech doesn't have their BT together like Microsoft's wireless products do. I also have major problems with the spacebar not registering keystrokes and the ctrl key only working half the time if that. I sent my first one back, this is my second try at the product, and its exhibiting every problem the first one did. Logitech makes second rate stuff these days IMO. I have a 15 year old Logitech trackball for gaming that works like new but went through 3 of the "new" version within a year because the ball started to drag on all of them after a few weeks of use. Of the many Logitech products I've purchased in the past few years none of them have stood the test of time. They make cheap buggy crap and I'd never put something like that mini keyboard in a harsh carpc environment in which stability and long term reliability is my #1 concern. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and that's mine

Comment

Since the dinovo mini uses bluetooth, can it be used when windows is not loaded? Example: use it to press del on startup to go into the bios setup.

My microsoft entertainment desktop 7000 is also bluetooth based, but you can use it before windows is loaded as long as it is paired with the supplied Microsoft usb bluetooth dongle. But it does not work if it is paired up with another bt dongle, so I am wondering if the dinovo is like this as well.

Comment

@ SuperJ: I didn't question the fact that you could have a valid opinion, just the fact that you generalized.

My expereince with Logitech has been firstclass, with no BT connection problems what-so-ever.

So yes, I will be giving the Mini a try, and if I have problems, well, I still have the touchscreen, trackball, and onscreen kb

So, all in all, my world won't end if the keyboard stops working - and, we can only comment on that point once it is released and available for purchase, and subjected to our own testing.

a Moot point commenting on something that's not been available yet to purchase, that's the only point I'm trying to make.

To each their own, enjoy.
                      F6 Tornado Project Log ; HP Blackbird Watercooled Server

Beta Tester for Centrafuse and 3dConnexion (No business affiliation with either)

Comment

I love how all the advertisements don't have any ugly cables and their installs look mint. Why does my living room not look like that?
                        2003 Black Impala

Comment

COPIED FROM THE OTHER DiNOVO Mini THREAD, SO YOU GUYS DON'T MISS OUT ON MY EXCITEMENT:

I found this keyboard tonight in searching for a replacement to my cheesy scorpian mushroom mouse controller keyboard....holy crap this thing is SO what I was looking for (aside from the price). I too was wondering about the charging voltage to make a car plug... It seems like most companies stay away from the word CarPC, just so they aren't liable for car accidents these days....even if this is a perfectly marketable CarPc product.
                          I also was wondering about the ALT key too, that was one thing I can't see on this keyboard... so it looks like alot of right click context menu stuff will have to replace ALT F4 etc...
                          I am getting one ASAP. Even matches my RX-8 interior, and will fit in the door pocket, AND, with the cover closed no worries of keys being hit, batteries running out, when it is stored away.... PLUS night-time backlit keys!!!! Beat me up and take my money! I will bring it in the house at night and use it with the PS3 too. May even sleep with it. F-ing awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by nobb View Post
                            Since the dinovo mini uses bluetooth, can it be used when windows is not loaded? Example: use it to press del on startup to go into the bios setup.
                            It can use both bluetooth and USB. I doubt that you can access bios from bluetooth mode. But with USB it'll work flawlessly.

Comment

Been watching this since CES show, anyone heard when they are going to release it? Past the offical release now
                              2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
                              2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
                              Sound Stage
                              Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

Working...
                              X